What Have I Done?

I sat on the edge of my bed, looking at my hands. Jess was gone, but I wasn't about to go and search for her. If I did, I'd end up hurt, or worse, and the wedding would be postponed or stopped.

I put my face in my hands, trying not to cry too loudly. No one should see me like this. They've never seen me so vulnerable, they can't now. 

And now, I was in New York by myself. Why had I left the others in France? 

Laying down in bed, I sighed and tried to get some sleep, but it was near impossible. So, instead, I left my room and went to the kitchen for some food. But I couldn't eat either. I felt nauseous, like if I stomached anything, it wouldn't stay for long.

I began to panic again. I could have prevented Jess from getting away. I could have put an end to her months ago. Why hadn't I? 

Jess' voice spoke in my head. "You're stupid. You couldn't get rid of the one person who ruined your life. You couldn't get rid of Ashley either. Why do you do this to yourself? You stupid, stupid girl!"

I screamed, making Jess's voice disappear. I looked around, making sure that she hadn't suddenly appeared behind me.

Then Ashley's voice joined in tormenting me. "You are so stupid, Alexx. No one wants you. What makes you think you could live a normal life? Have a family? I will always be here to make you're life hell. You'll never be safe from me." 

I ran from the kitchen to the bathroom, soaking my face with water, trying to wake up. But I wasn't asleep. 

Looking into the mirror, I saw Ashley instead of myself. 

"You think running will do anything? Running nearly got you and your friends killed. Maybe you should just end it. They don't need you. They don't want you!"

"Shut! Up!" I shrieked, punching the mirror and shattering it, making Ashley disappear. 

Glass fell to the ground in front of me, as did blood. I looked at my hand, cut up and bruised, glass shards sticking out. 

"Miss Summers...we should treat that soon." Jarvis spoke. 

I nodded. "Yeah..." I cradled my injured hand in my good one. "Good idea."

I left the bathroom and went to Tony's lab. Grabbing a pair of large tweezers and a metal pan, I stood over a sink and began pulling the glass shards from my hand, grunting every time a piece came free. 

"Jarvis, please keep me notified on the other's whereabouts." I grunted.

"Of course."

After I pulled all the glass out, I grabbed hydrogen peroxide and dumped it onto my hand, the sting making me clench my jaw and cry.

"Miss Summers, there are bandages below the sink." Jarvis informed.

"Thank you..." I sobbed. 

I left my hand soaked with the liquid that was cleaning the wounds, and knelt down, grabbing the first aid kit. With help from my telekinesis, I soon had a large bandage wrapped around my entire hand, blood already coming through.

"Good enough." I sighed and began to clean up my mess. 

Going to the bathroom, I lift the glass shards with my mind and disintegrated them. 

I sat in the living room and didn't know what to do. So I mindlessly watched a show on tv, not paying attention to it at all as my mind buzzed and my body went numb.

After a while, Jarvis spoke. "The others are home, Miss Summers."

I nodded, still staring into nothing.