What's Happening to Me?

A/N: Bit of a change happens to Alexx in this one, but you won't find out exactly what it is till the next chapter. Can you guess? I bet you can't! Please, please, please, let me know what you think about this chapter. I want your opinions! It would make me so happy if you told me what you think. You will? Really? Awe, thanks! Don't let me down!

Steve's POV

Alexx sat next to me, staring into oblivion. She looked horrified. I shook her shoulder and she came out of her trance. "Alexx, are you okay?" I asked.

"I-I'll be right back." Alexx said.

Without another word, Alexx walked down a hall.

"Is she okay?" Tony asked me.

"She was fine until now." I shrugged, staring at the place she had just been.

"You should check on her." Clint commented, his mouth full of cool ranch Doritos.

"She said she'd be back. I'll give her some space for a minute, then I'll check on her." I replied.

Our last mission was difficult. Several people died. Alexx and I almost lost our lives. It was tough, and I could see that it hit Alexx like a ton of bricks. She blamed herself. I knew something was haunting her, but she wouldn't tell me what. I was sure she was thinking about it now in whatever room she was in.

"Good idea, Steve. That last mission hit her hard." Nat added.

"I agree. She needs a bit of space." Bruce chimed in.

"Your turn, Clint." Tony said, getting back to the game. I was glad that there was still Monopoly. A lot had changed since I went down in that plane 70 years ago.

Clint rolled the dice. Three and one. "Damn it! I'm still in jail!" Clint exclaimed. We all laughed.

Tony grabbed the dice. "My turn." He shook them in his hands and tossed them onto the table. 

A scream pierced the air and echoed through the tower. "What was that?" Tony asked, looking around.

I shot out of my seat. "Alexx." I ran toward the scream, Tony, Clint, Nat and Bruce close behind.