Falcon

Hey, guys! Sorry for the late update, but it's here. Please comment and let me know how you like the story so far. Enjoy!  

I knocked on the door. We needed a safe place to stay and come up with a plan, and this was the only place we could think of.

"Hey, man." Sam opened the sliding glass door and looked at us worriedly.

"I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low." Steve said.

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us." Natasha commented.

Sam looked at me. I shrugged. It was true.

"Not everyone." Sam replied.

Sam moved aside, letting us in. He scanned the area behind us before closing the door and shutting the blinds.

Quickly washing up, I got rid of all the dirt and grime and the little bit of blood that was on my body to the best of my abilities. I tossed my sling to the side and left the bandage on my shoulder. I let my damp hair hang down to air dry. All I wore now was a tank top, my now dirty and ripped pants, and a pair of white ankle socks.

I walked into the living room with Sam while Steve and Natasha finished cleaning up.

Sam's eyes widened as my hair and eyes changed to a blood red, my headache coming back. I held my head and bent over, trying to calm it down.

"Are you okay?" Sam asked.

"Peachy." I groaned.

"You sure you're alright?"

My headache subsided and I stood straight. My hair and eyes changed back to their normal colors.

"Yeah. It was just a headache, nothing too major." I smiled.

Sam tilted his head and pointed at my shoulder. "That looks major."

I looked down at my shoulder. The bandage was now drenched in blood and my shoulder burned. I didn't notice the pain before, but now that I did, it hurt.

"Let me take a look at it." Sam said.

I pulled my hair back and draped it over my right shoulder, letting Sam look at my left. He carefully pulled away the bandage and gauze and looked at the bullet hole. Sam clicked his tongue and winced.

"What? Is it that bad?" I asked.

"Let me clean it up for you." Sam said, leaving the room. He came back with a first-aid kit in his hands.

I sat down at the dining room table. Sam pulled up a chair beside me, the kit opened on the table with a bowl full of water and a cloth. He cleaned out the hole with the wet cloth, causing me to wince and squeeze my hands into fists. Sam carefully stitched up the hole and pushed new gauze against my shoulder. I held it in place while he taped a new bandage over it.

"Thank you, Sam." I smiled. He smiled back in response.

Sam finished and washed his hands. He walked around the kitchen, making breakfast it looked like. Sam looked at me, then got into the fridge, pulled out a water bottle, and offered it to me. I nodded, accepting the offer.

"Toss it here." I said.

"You know, you really shouldn't use your arm for a while." Sam protested.

"I'm right handed, first of all. And second of all, I'm pretty sure I am capable enough to catch a water bottle with one hand. Now, throw it."

With a questioning look, Sam tossed the bottle toward me. I stopped it mid-air and slowly brought it to me. Sam looked amazed. I tapped the side of my head. "Telekinesis."