Flying Fury Over the Atlantic

I had been flying extremely fast, an hour and a half having gone by. I steadily flew over the ocean, no land in sight. 

I'd see a few boats, flashes from cameras as they took pictures of me. But I didn't care. I had to get to New York.

My wings were exhausted already, but I couldn't stop. There was no where to go. And if I got wet, I'd be weighed down and most likely drown.

In the distance, I watched a pod of whales jumping out of the water, spraying mist from their blow holes. I smiled a bit, having never seen a whale with my own eyes. I flew closer to them and miraculously, one of them let me touch it.

After a quick pet, I zoomed away, flapping hard to get up into a breeze to give my wings a well deserved break. Catching some air, I kept my wings spread and rode the breeze, my wings wanting to cramp and fold up.

Another hour passed by as I began flapping hard, needing to get back quickly. I was hungry now, and I needed to rest, but there was nowhere to land. I couldn't trust anyone.

One of my wings began to cramp up and I knew I was in trouble. It folded in on itself and I began to fall. My other wing did the same, and I plummeted toward the ocean. 

I hit the ocean and the air flew from my lungs. I surfaced and began to panic, when suddenly I was grabbed from behind. Fighting, I was dragged onto a boat. I spun around and punched the guy in the face, then scooted away.

"Holy shit, she's strong." the man said, holding his nose.

"Who are you?" I demanded. 

"Just some fisherman who thought you could use some help." Another man came to help his friend.

"Did you see my..."

"Wings? Yeah. Don't worry, we know who you are." the second man said. "My name is Jeff, this is Doug." He pointed to his friend, who's nose was bleeding. "You're Alexx Summers, right? The Avenger?"

I nodded and looked at Doug. "I'm sorry about your nose."

"Don't worry about it. It's not the first time I've been hit by a woman." he chuckled. "Are you alright?"

I nodded again. "Thanks to you guys, I am." I smiled.

Doug smiled and got up. "I'm sure you're hungry? You've been flying for a while, right?" 

"Yeah. Started in Paris, and I'm heading to New York." I replied.

"Why?" Jeff asked.

"Important stuff...you wouldn't understand." I looked into the ocean, avoiding eye contact.

 "That's alright, you don't have to tell us. Official Avengers business is a good excuse." Jeff smiled.

I smiled and my stomach growled. 

"Oh, food, right." 

Jeff went below into the cabin while Dough cleaned up his nose. Jeff returned with a bowl of beef stew and handed it to me.

"Thanks." I took the bowl and gently heated it up more, my body freezing. 

Jeff and Doug watched in amazement as my skin began to glow when I started heating myself up.

"Do you ever get cold?" Doug asked.

I shrugged. "Sometimes, but I can easily warm myself up."

I began to eat the stew, my stomach loving the food, my wings grateful for the break. I stretched my wings as I ate, getting ready to take off again.

Jeff and Doug went on with their business, occasionally glancing at me.

After 20 minutes of resting and eating, I stood up and heated myself up one more time. 

"Thank you so much, you guys." I smiled at them. "I wouldn't have survived without you two."

"Just being a good person, ma'am." Jeff smiled.

"Well, I'll have to repay you. Can I have your number so that I can?" He nodded and told me his number as I put it into my phone. "I'm glad Stark knows what he's doing when it comes to technology."

We said our goodbyes and I waved to them as I took off again, heading for New York, which Doug said was just an hour away. I'd be at the tower in no time.

I flew fast and hard, making it to New York in 20 minutes, where it was heavily raining. I quickly found the tower, and by the time I got to it, I fell onto the party balcony, the rain having weighed me down. 

Getting to my hands and knees, I groaned, my body surely bruising from the impact. I headed for the door and went inside.

"Miss Summers? Where is everyone else?" JARVIS asked.

"How did she get away? She was in a secured cell with you watching over her, JARVIS. How the hell did she get away?!" I yelled.

"I-I'm sorry, ma'am. I was hacked by some HYDRA operatives that knew what they were doing." JARVIS replied.

I went down to the cells and looked into the cell Jess had been in. She was gone, the cell completely empty like no one had been in there. I walked in and sat on the ground, then began to cry.

Jess was out, able to resume her work, ruining lives. 

I soon fell asleep from exhaustion and didn't wake up again until I felt arms around me.

"Alexx?" 

I opened my eyes and looked into Steve's sad eyes. 

"Alexx, are you alright?" Steve asked, worried.

I shook my head and buried my face into his chest as I sighed, feeling defeated.