Miranda's in Florida

A/N: Comment! Enjoy!

I awoke to my shoulder throbbing. I groaned at the pain, rolled over a little too far, and feel off the bed, grunting. I got up and rubbed my head, then groaned as I grabbed the first-aid kit from my backpack, along with my combat knife.

I pulled my jacket and shirt off, and dropped them on the floor, then I wiped away the blood around the wound with a wet cloth. I actually didn't cauterize it very well before, and the wound opened back up.

Dang it.

I lit a small fire in my hand and watched it heal my shoulder. When it was done, I threw my blood stained shirt away. Looking in the mirror, I noticed my hair changing back from being a blood red. I couldn't have that, now could I?

I pulled my hair into a ponytail, pulled on a fresh white tank top and a black button up shirt, leaving the top four buttons undone. I rolled the sleeves up past my elbows, pulled on a pair of ripped, dark skinny jeans, and pulled my combat boots onto my feet.

A black, military grade watch was wrapped around my left wrist, a black bracelet on my right, my arrowhead necklace around my neck. I slipped my silver ring onto my right ring finger and put the key to my room in my pocket. I looked in the mirror. The jewelry was always on me. With HYDRA, I could never wear this stuff. I loved to wear simple, rustic things. With my outfit, I felt like I should be hunting with the Winchesters.

If only.

Making sure my things were in my backpack, I left for the nearest Walgreen's.

The Walgreen's was practically empty, a few customers roaming around. I quickly found the hair product aisle and looked for black hair dye. I didn't want anyone noticing my hair when it changed colors. Black was the best option.

I bought the dye and a pair of aviator sunglasses and returned to my room at the motel. I set out the hair supplies and got to work.

After about half an hour, my hair was done. I looked in the mirror. I looked good with black hair. Usually my hair was only black when I felt hatred.

I let my straight, now jet black hair, hang down, my bangs swept to the side. Sliding my new sunglasses onto my face and shrugging my black leather jacket on, I shouldered my backpack and left the room. The manager of the motel bid me a good day as I left, leaving the key with him.

Across the street from the motel was a wooded area, a place I could hopefully take to the skies without being noticed. I hiked to the woods, ducking under low tree branches and climbing over big boulders, until I found the perfect place to take off from. I pulled out a water bottle and took a drink, then returned it to my pack.

Making sure my backpack was secure with two straps that went across my chest and stomach, I shot off into the sky, my enormous wings spread wide. I pulled out my tablet and looked for a good route. The last few states I had to fly over were South Carolina and Georgia, and then I'd be in Florida.

I flew for an hour, going straight over South Carolina and taking a pit-stop in Atlanta, Georgia. Looking at my map, I decided to check out the Fountain of Rings at the Centennial Olympic Park. Pictures on my tablet showed that it was way cool looking at night, but I couldn't stay till then. It was still pretty cool during the day.

After chilling for an hour watching the water rings, reading a book I found and listening to music, I stood up and looked for a good place to take off. Once I took off, I headed for Daytona, Florida.

I flew the three hours without stopping. It was tiring, but I was determined. I quickly and quietly landed in the Pinewood Cemetery, knowing there wouldn't be many people in the area. I found a bus stop and waited for the bus. After five minutes, the bus arrived and I boarded, paying for the ride.

The bus ride lasted 20 minutes. I checked my watch. 10:43am. Hopefully Miranda was still in her room.

Just to be safe, I dialed her number and waited. Miranda answered after the third ring.

"Hey, Alexx. Where are you? Are you close?" I asked.

"Yeah. It's room 259."

"Okay. See you in a few."

I pocketed my phone and got off the bus. The lobby was huge and elegant. It was amazing. I waved to the receptionist and headed toward an elevator. I took the elevator to the top floor and walked down the halls, looking for Miranda's room.

"257, 258...ah! 259." I said to myself as I approached the door. I knocked on the door and it opened.

"Alexx! You're here. I'm so glad you made it." Miranda wrapped her arms around me. She held my shoulders at arms length and looked me up and down. "You look great. And your hair, that color really works for you."

I gave her a smile. "You think so?"

Miranda smiled. "Of course!" Miranda led me through her room, showing me where everything was.

The room was amazing. Imagine a beautiful room that belongs at the beach, and you've got Miranda's hotel room. It had two king size beds, and most of a wall was a big window that overlooked the ocean. It was beautiful.

I set my backpack on the ground and took off my jacket, Miranda taking it from me and hanging it up. She pat the side of a bed and I sat. It was plush and amazing.

"All right, tell me why you're here." Miranda ordered.

I sighed and rubbed my palm over my face. "I once was part of HYDRA." And yes, I told her about my wings before I told her about that. I was struggling and didn't want to think about it.

Miranda gasped. "A-Are you serious?"

I nodded. "Jessica Bruns, one of HYDRA's highest ranking officers, was the one who gave me my abilities. She turned me into a weapon to kill Steve. I was a Winter Soldier." I explained everything to Miranda. She was very sympathetic about my past. She also loved my wings, stroking them when I showed her the giant limbs.

"So, why are you doing this alone?" Miranda asked.

"So that I won't have anyone to hurt." I replied.

Miranda nodded. "Wow. This is insane. How are you doing?"

I shook my head and looked at my lap. "She almost killed him, Miranda. If Abby hadn't been there, we'd be dead."

"You still saved him, Alexx. You aren't HYDRA. If you were, Steve would be dead."

I smiled at her. "Thanks for understanding."

"What are you going to do now?" Miranda asked.

"I don't know." I sighed. "Go farther west and see if my memory is right. The base I escaped from was in a forest hidden away. I think it was in Siberia."

"You're going to fly all the way to Siberia? Really?"

"No, I don't think so. There's a smaller facility somewhere in New Mexico that I'm going to go to first."

"When will you go back to the tower?" Miranda asked.

"I don't know. Maybe after I destroy that stupid base." I replied.

"Why don't you stay here for a few days? Then you can relax a bit before kicking some butt." 

I rubbed my chin, thinking. "Yeah, okay. It'll be fun." I smiled.

"Vacation!"