"You've gotten over me? Really? I just saw you trying to draw my sketch," He raised his voice a notch and I shifted back, wanting to leave but he stepped forward and grabbed my shoulders.

"Fine. I'm a pathetic teenager dealing with...." I trailed off and his eyes stared deeply into mine. "Dealing with a person....who mattered. Happy?"

He rolled his eyes. "Why are you complicating this?"

"Complicating this?" I let out a laugh. "This is way too complicated already, Trevor. As much as I want it to happen, it breaks my heart to know that it never will. I can't be on that side and you can't be here. And that's not even the worst part. The worst part is that I don't even know what you feel. Just the possibility of you not feeling even half of what I feel makes me feel like a fool. Sometimes I feel like I was just a usual thing for you. I know you have many girls but for me, you were the best thing that could have ever happened to me,"

I was breathing heavily when I finished and was on the verge of tears. I waited for him to speak something but he didn't. He just stared down at me with an unreadable expression, almost like I had struck a nerve inside him.

He slowly inched his face closer to mine and I didn't pull back. I let his lips capture mine and closed my eyes when a feeling of familiarity sprawled across my chest.

His hands gently cupped around my cheeks while I tangled mine in his hair. My heart started beating loudly when his hands slowly caressed their way to my neck and to my jawline.

The kiss wasn't demanding. Instead, it was sweet and slow as I found the butterflies erupting in the pit of my stomach. Our lips started moving in a sync as his thumb started rubbing circles on my back.

I parted my lips to gasp in air when his teeth started tugging at my bottom lip. Pleasure filled my veins and I was breathing heavily when he finally ended the kiss with a soft peck on my lips.

I rested my forehead againt his, both of us breathing heavily. I opened my eyes to stare at him but he was already looking at me.

"You're going to be my ruin," I muttered and pulled back, turning away from him.

"And you are already mine," I heard him say but didn't look at him.

There was a long silence between us.

"I have to go," He spoke and I felt my heart sinking once more.

I nodded without looking at him. I've done this once and I can do it one more time.

"But I will come back," I didn't know why his words lit up so much hope inside my chest as I found myself turning to look at him.

He still had the soft look in his eyes as he looked down at me.

"What?"

He nodded. "I wouldn't be here if I didn't feel a single thing for you. I wouldn't be following you if you were just a usual thing to me and ofcourse, I wouldn't have come to your school to meet my family, now would I?"

My lips lifted up into a smile but the reality hit me once more. No matter what we said to each other, we weren't just meant to be.

He noticed the sad look on my face as his fingers caressed my cheeks once more.

"I don't expect you to wait for me. All I expect from you is to believe that I will always come back. Believe that for as long as your heart allows you to and then, you can finally forget me whenever you are ready. Until then, I'll keep visiting."

I'll never be ready to forget you.

"I'll keep visiting," His words echoed in my ears as I now looked ahead at the empty fields, almost an year after that conversation.

He did keep his words though.

I was now graduated from high school.

Prom was the best thing because I had the best date as Trevor. Ofcourse, he kept coming back for me and even attended a high school prom.

Unless, eventually he couldn't do it anymore.

Not because he lost interest, but because of his work.

That's when I came up with a solution.

Since we both had mutual feelings, he shouldn't be the only one making compromises. Plus, his family thanked me for making his visits more regular.

Me and my family moved to our house on the other side for summer months of that land and we came back here during the winter months. I was surprised when my parents agreed to it. But they kinda missed the other side too.

Trevor would visit me frequently during our time back in Epitoria, almost every week and here I was now, waiting for him to make an appearance already.

A pair of hands covered my eyes from behind.

I let out a laugh. "When did you even get here, you asshole?"

I turned to him while he had a smirk on his face. "Now that's not a very polite way to greet me but I'll take anything I can get."

He smiled down at me, his bright eyes shining in the sunlight.

I ran my fingers through his hair. "Anything you can get? Wake up, mister. You got me."

His lips pulled up into a smile.

"Always," He captured my lips for a kiss.

Man! I was so in love.

------The End------