Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

I lazily grabbed the mug from the counter and sipped the coffee. I had to say it was much better than what I could ever make. Undoubtedly, Trevor was a great cook or that's what the pancakes lying infront of me told.

That's right. He cooked another meal for me.

I had woke up in the morning thinking that he might go back to his usual haughty self but maybe last night, someone cast a spell on him. I doubted myself but then, I knew no such spell.

Looking up, I found him eating his pancakes in delight. As if feeling my gaze on him, he looked up. I held his gaze for a few seconds and finally looked away.

"You just can't stop checking me out everyday, can you?"

I choked on the coffee for a second and let out a nervous laugh but soon, composed myself. "Excuse me? Everyday?"

"I have eyes, you know,"

'Beautiful eyes' I thought almost immediately but frowned at the thought.

"You know that I'm looking at you only when you are looking at me. I have eyes too, you know," I spoke in an indifferent tone, surprising myself.

A small smirk came on his lips and he got up. Walking across the hall, he placed his plate in the sink, while I did the same.

Grabbing the keys from the counter, I went towards the front door.

"Wait a minute. I'll drop you off to the coffee shop,"

I stopped in my tracks and looked back at him. He didn't seem to take notice of my stare as he looked around the counter for his motorcycle keys. Finding them in the corner, he shoved it into his pocket and walked towards me only to stop in his tracks when his eyes met mine.

"What?" He raised a brow.

"Can I ask you something?"

"No," He stated.

I narrowed my eyes a bit. "Why are you suddenly being so nice to me?"

"I think I said no,"

I rolled my eyes. "Anyway, I'll walk to the coffee shop. Don't bother,"

"I said I'll drop you,"

I gritted my teeth. "I heard what you said Trevor,"

"Okay then follow me," And with that, he walked past me while I turned to glare. "Don't forget to lock the front door," The door creaked open and within a second he was outside.

Huffing, I walked towards it and locked the door behind me. The elevator ride was silent as he busied himself in looking at something in his phone while I looked at the elevator door, waiting for it to open.

I tapped my foot impatiently and cut a glance at Trevor. Sighing, I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Aren't you a bit too excited to see your lover?" Trevor spoke nonchalantly, his fingers typing something away on the phone and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"He is not my lover,"

"Whatever," He shrugged.

"How's Pamela?" I asked out of nowhere and regretted it immediately, anticipating a 'none of your business' reply but he seemed to do the opposite when he looked up from his phone in confusion.

"Who?" He asked, bewildered.

I deadpanned.

"Pamela? Your date at the ball? Ring a bell?" He still seemed to be confused and for a moment I thought he was putting up an act. "The one you screwed?" I wanted to slap myself the moment those words left my mouth.