Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

I stared at Trevor in horror.

"What?" I whispered.

He looked at me in bewilderment.

"They found your home, Leah,"

My breathing grew heavy as I just stared at him, my heart beating furiously against my chest. I blinked for a moment and released a breath. My gaze met the ground and I turned away from him.

How can they find them?

My parents were in Epitoria.

Could it be a trap of that dealer? No, the police is involved. They wouldn't be leading me to wrong people.

Unless.....the police doesn't know it either.

These people are really smart. But if I had to find a way to go back to Epitoria, I couldn't just sit around and wait for them to find me. If walking into their trap provided me information, I had to do it.

My conscience still feared my decision, knowing that they could kill me. But I'd rather die trying to go back than live in this land for the rest of my life in hiding.

I turned back to Trevor.

"Where are they?"

"In a little town called Windale. It's miles away from here. Does that name sound familiar?" He asked.

Biting my lip, I gave a little nod. "A bit,"

His eyes held confusion and he opened his mouth to speak something but stopped, as if hesitating. "Were you in an accident?"

"I don't know," I lied again.

He nodded and fished his phone out of his pocket.

"Give me the address. I'll go and find them," I spoke.

"What?" He looked up at me.

"My parents. Give me the address the police gave you,"

"No. I'll go with you,"

"Why?"

"To make sure they really are your parents," He stated.

My heart warmed at his words.

"We'll leave once I'm back from college. Just wait for me, okay?"

"Okay. I don't have the exact address anyway," I spoke and took in a long breath. "Thank you Trevor,"

He nodded and left the apartment.

Meanwhile, I called at the coffee shop and told them about taking a sick leave today. I didn't exactly tell them I was quitting, since I knew the people in that house are not really my parents and I would be coming back if they left me alive.

I should have spent the next few hours in fear, excitement, new thoughts but I was desolated to no end. Maybe I could blame the morning events. I almost got killed.

Should I really take Trevor with me? What if they harm him? I could hardly protect myself from that person, how am I going to protect him?

If it wasn't for the gunshot, I don't know where I would be right now. But who saved me?

I wish I was brave enough to see who it was, but my limbs were frozen after the firing and all I could do was run away when I had gathered some energy.

Sighing, I looked around the apartment. This could be my last day here.

I spent the rest of the day in my own thoughts and it was 4 p.m. when Trevor came back from college.