Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

I closed my eyes as a smile formed on my lips, remembering the events of last evening. That kiss.

I sighed dreamily while still lying on the bed. Trevor's face kept coming infront of my eyes the entire night and I found myself opening my eyes and looking around the room for him.

Finally, I yawned and stretched before getting out of the bed. After brushing my teeth and taking a shower, I put on a blue full sleeved tshirt and denims.

I left my room and went downstairs. Trevor was nowhere to be found, instead I found someone else sitting on the living room couch.

"Patrick?

He looked up from the magazine he was reading and gave me a bright smile. "Morning sunshine,"

I returned his smile. "Morning."

He got up from the couch and walked towards the dining area, motioning for me to follow him.

"Where's Trevor?" I asked.

"He's at the warehouse,"

"You mean that old abandoned building?"

"Yep."

"Oh," I nodded as I sat at the table, opposite to him.

"What is he doing there?" I asked while biting into an apple.

"Working," He shrugged.

I raised a brow. "Shouldn't he be resting?"

"He might be injured but he's not weak, Leah."

"But he was shot."

He smirked at me. "Only you, Summerstone can shoot someone and then worry about them."

I sighed. "It was a mista-"

"Let's not go there." He said as he placed a few pancakes in both of our plates.

"He's fine," He spoke after taking a bite of his food. "For someone as powerful as him, I wouldn't be surprised if he survived a shot in the head." He chuckled.

I raised a brow. "As powerful as him? So Trevor's not a human?"

"Ofcourse not. He's the boss. Why would fairies work under him if they could overpower him?"

"So he's a powerful elf?" I asked and he let out a laugh.

"Let's just say he's different."

"What about you?" I asked as I took another bite of my apple.

"What about me?"

"What are you?"

"I'm just a human," He dug his fork into the pancakes again and seemed to be devouring it.

"So you just work for him? How long have you known him?"

"Me, James and Trevor grew up together. His parents-" He stopped as if suddenly remembering something.

"His parents what?" I asked.

"I'll leave that to Trevor to tell you." He said and I sighed. More secrets.

I nodded at his decision and started eating.

The doorbell rang and before any of us could get up to open the door, it swung open and a tall figure stepped inside.

My eyes grew wide as I felt a shiver run down my spine.

"Heard boss brought you back," He smirked. "Thought I'd pay you a visit."