Chapter Thirteen

This chapter is really short and honestly, I had the worst writer's block ever on this story.

There was a point when I was planning to delete it and I'm still not over that phase. I might delete this book and I'm really sorry already, incase I really do delete it.

Chapter Thirteen

Since I got bored trying to sleep, I came outside the room again.

I looked up at Trevor, who had now shut his phone and was just staring at nothing in particular. Clearing my throat to get his attention, I walked over to him and stood infront of him with my arms crossed over my chest. "What was that?"

"Your conversation with your lover?" He spoke nonchalantly without looking up at me.

"No. I mean....what happened in the parking lot?"

"You mean the kiss," He shrugged casually and my heart shattered at his indifferent behaviour. How can he just not care about anything?

"Sometimes, I wonder if you are even a human," I spoke and picked up my duffel bag to carry it back to the room.

"You're the one to say," He said.

I froze.

Slowly I turned back to him. "What do you mean?"

"If there's anyone less human here, it's you,"

"How can you say that?" I asked skeptically.

He shrugged. "How long has it been since you've been abandoned by your family? And you can't even speak your own address. The police suspects you to be mentally ill or a criminal,"

"Really?" I asked, surprised.

He rolled his eyes at me. "Did you expect us to believe all the crap you said to avoid being asked questions about your family?"

"You can ask me anything," I spoke and his gaze snapped to mine, and at that very moment, I regretted my words.

"Okay," He straightened his posture and clasped his hands together.

"What is your name?"

I raised a brow at him. "Isn't it a bit too early to ask that?"

I expected him to revert with another sassy remark but when his expression didn't falter, I understood he wasn't going to humor my sarcasm.

"Leah Summerstone,"

"What is your parents' name?"

"Lizzy and Noah Summerstone. I have already given all this information to the police. What is the point-"

"Where have you come from?" He jumped to the next question, the one that I had been avoiding ever since.

I opened my mouth to speak 'America' again but remembering that no one actually bought it, I tried to think of another more realistic option. Going back into my memory, I tried to capture the rarest name I had heard in the elementary geography class and my eyes lit up.

"Antarctica," I spoke with a gleam in my eyes, expecting him to believe this one.

Something flashed across his features and he did the most unexpected thing next--

He started laughing. This was probably the highest I had seen his cheeks lift up and the most I had seen of his beautiful pearly white teeth as he threw his head back and laughed.

A smile reached across my lips as I looked at him and soon, his laughter died down. "You are definitely mentally ill,"

"Well you're not supposed to say that to me directly then," I shrugged and looked down at my feet. Better go to the library tomorrow and search about Antarctica.