Chapter Twenty Two

Hey guys!

This is the last chapter! I might write an epilogue but I'm not sure.

So a huge thanks to all those who have supported this story! Love you all! ❤

Enjoy!

Chapter Twenty Two

My limbs were aching as I tried to find a comfortable position. I tossed and turned, sinking into the comfortable mattress.

Sighing at the warmth, I kept my eyes closed, trying to remember where I was. I recalled the past events and the image of boundaries unblocking flashed infront of me.

Was I dreaming?

No. It happened. Where am I? Am I back in Epitoria?

My eyes flew open and I sat up in the bed. The room was dim and I reached for the bedside lamp. Turning it on, I took in my surroundings.

I frowned upon finding myself back in my room. Looking around, I found someone sitting on the couch.

His eyes were assessing me closely and I blinked at him, everything rushing back to my brain. I killed Aaron.

He stood up from the couch and walked up to me, his face as emotionless as anything. "How are you feeling?"

I stared at him in confusion. "I'm fine. But what am I doing here? The boundaries were unblocked and I was being pulled towards them. What happened?"

"I pulled you back."

I blinked at him. "Why?"

"You still don't have the permission to cross them. Do you want to start it all over again?"

My eyes grew wide as I realized it. Oh God! What if I did cross them again?

I released a breath and nodded. "Thanks. Now what? What exactly is a permission?"

"I'll take you to fairy council today."

I should have been happy. Everything was going like I wanted but I couldn't get over the look in Aaron's eyes before he died.

I should be so mad at Trevor for doing that but I had no right to be. He had just helped me.

Aaron's face appeared infront of my eyes again and I looked up at Trevor.

"Where is...." I trailed off, not being able to say his name.

"We took care of him."

I pressed my lips in a thin line.

"What about Patrick and Richard? Are they okay?"

"Yeah."

I nodded and looked away from him.

I heard him take in a sharp breath and looked up at him, surprised.

He was scowling at me.

I opened my mouth to ask what was wrong but he turned around and left the room without another word while I watched his retreating figure in confusion.

Shaking my head, I got up from the bed and took a shower. I changed my clothes and went downstairs.

He was waiting in the hall and once he looked up at me, his hands reached for the keys on the coffee table as he started to the front door.

I followed him outside and got inside the car. He started driving.

I stole a glance at him. His jaw seemed to be clenched as his hands gripped the steering wheel tightly, causing his knuckles to turn white.