Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

This is a joke.

I let out a laugh as my eyes narrowed at the tombstone. It's just not true!

It's just a joke. Trevor can't die.

17th November!

Yesterday was 17th November!

My hands went up to my mouth as a small scream escaped my lips. James and Patrick hadn't heard me and I immediately turned around and ran.

I ran back to the apartment complex I've been so familiar with and got into the elevators. Tapping my foot imaptiently, I banged on the doors for it to hurry up. Dammit!

I hurried out of the elevators the moment the doors opened and ran to the door. Breathing heavily, I stood outside it for a second, trying to process it all.

Lifting my hand up, I gave a firm knock. "Trevor?"

I kept knocking but there was no answer. Twisting the knob, I realized that the door was unlocked and entered the familiar house. Pain erupted inside my chest at the empty apartment. Everything was just like we had left it yesterday.

I checked the room, the kitchen and the bathroom. But there was no one.

Trevor was not there.

I went up to the kitchen counter and saw his motorcycle keys lying there. A tear rolled down my cheek as I looked at all the stuff here. Trevor's stuff.

Going back into the living room, I took a seat on his couch, which still smelled of his aftershave. "I'm sorry," I muttered while running my hand over the surface where he would sleep every night, letting me take the room.

The next thing I knew, I burst into sobs and lied face front on the couch, taking in all his scent for the last time, because I knew that I was never coming back here and that, I wouldn't have anything left of him.

"Don't bother," His words echoed around the room and I looked up.

My first night here, when Trevor had let me take his room, flashed infront of my eyes. He was mad at me and all I wanted to do was get out of here.

As the days had processed, I started hating his attitude, yet enjoying his presence at the same time. Come and show me that attitude again, you asshole!

I wanted to scream but my voice seemed to be buried deep somehwere inside my throat. I looked down at the couch again and ran my hand along it softly.

I looked around the apartment which seemed nothing more than walls and doors. The place was silent. It has always been silent but as I stood up, the clicking of utensils deceived my ears again. How Trevor would cook for me.

Without giving another glance around, I walked towards the door. My hand reached the knob and I paused. Trevor was so annoyed when his door wouldn't open.

A little smile formed on my face from the memory but it was gone sooner than it came as Trevor's dying face appeared infront of my eyes. Though I didn't see him die, but my nightmares did enough for it.

I was leaving forever. Turning around, I gave one last glance at the house and walked outside, shutting the door softly and half expecting Trevor to run after me and stop me again. But that didn't happen and I found myself alone in the elevators.

I walked out and turned left to the main road but something pulled me back to the cemetry and I found myself walking towards it. I saw the tombstone again and it was same. The name had not somehow changed, suggesting that I was previously mistaken.