Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

I froze at my spot as his green eyes snapped to mine. He always glared at me but this time, he looked pissed. What have I done now?

I waited for him to speak something but realised that he wasn't going to. Heaving a sigh, I broke the eye contact and started walking towards the room.

Just as I was nearing the entrance, his voice stopped me. "Where were you?" He sounded surprisingly calm.

I turned to him. "Just hanging out with a friend,"

"Which friend?" He snapped almost immediately, his eyes narrowing. I debated in my head if I should tell him or not, but I couldn't see the problem in telling him.

"His name is Aa-"

"Shut up," He snapped and I was a bit taken aback by that. What the hell is wrong with him?

"Do you know what time is it?" He scowled at me.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Yeah I know what time is it but maybe what you don't know is that you are not my dad and I am not your responsibility,"

His jaw clenched as he took a step in my direction.

"As long as you are living under my roof, you are my responsibility. And don't ever think that I care about you. You are a burden because of the stupid complaint you filed with the cops and with them knowing that you live with me, if anything were to happen to you, I would get in trouble. And I don't wanna be in anymore trouble than I already am because of you," He snapped and I shook in my spot. His words hit me hard but I knew he was right.

After all, if I put myself in his shoes, I could never see myself keeping a complete stranger at my house like that.

Taking in a shaky breath, I nodded. Fixing my gaze to the ground, I spoke "You're right. I'm sorry. If I could, I would leave this place right now and free you, but I have nowhere to go Trevor," I looked up at him for a brief second.

Some strange emotion flashed across his eyes. A look of softness reached them but it was gone as soon as it came, replaced by guilt.

"I hate to be weak but right now, it's all I can be. I'm not brave. I'm.....alone," My voice shook at the end but I held in my tears. Drama is probably the last thing he wanted after all this trouble.

I took in a shaky breath and blinked back my tears. While turning around, I saw him take a step forward as he was probably going to say something, but I turned my back to him completely and entered the room.

Lying on the bed, I shut my eyes, praying that he won't come to say anything. I knew he was right and I had no right to be mad at him. If he wanted, he could kick me out anytime.

Sighing heavily, I tried to sleep and I was glad for the sleep that came soon.

*****

I opened my eyes for the fifth time that night. My eyes looked at the night stand watch, which displayed 6:45 a.m.

Shit!

I had to go to work. I stepped out of the bed hurriedly and grabbed the duffel bag lying in the corner of the room. I picked out a pink tshirt and denims.

Running out of the room to get to the bathroom, my feet stopped near the couch. Trevor was still asleep, his right hand resting under his head and his left hand folded above his stomach. I noticed the slight trim in his beard near his cheeks and his jawline. His hair were falling on his forehead and I resisted the urge to brush a few strands away from his face.

Shaking my head, I hurriedly entered the bathroom. After brushing my teeth, I took a quick shower and pulled my hair up into a ponytail.

Getting into my outfit, I stepped out of the bathroom. Trevor was still asleep as I put my shoes on and giving him one last look, I locked the door behind me and left.