Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

I turned around, my hands trembling as I prepared myself to fight whoever it was but drew in a long breath at the sight of Trevor, looking at me in confusion.

"Oh it's you," I wiped the sweat off my forehead and crouched down to the ground against the tree, breathing heavily from the run.

"What the hell happened to you?" He bent down to my side and examined my arms. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw his hands reaching for my arms but I immediately turned to him and grabbed his hands, panic filling me again.

"We have to get out of here," I said as his green eyes scrutinized my face closely. When he didn't respond, I spoke again. "There's someone in the woods. We have to leave," I said and got up. Looking around, I spotted his motorbike and started walking in the direction, my foot giving me a very hard time to walk.

"What were you doing in the woods?" His voice stopped me in my tracks as I just stood there with my back to him, not knowing what to say. "I..uh," I trailed off as he walked past me and turned in my direction.

He raised a brow at me but I immediately turned around at the rustling of leaves behind me.

"Did you hear that?" I turned to him as my eyes grew wide and a chill ran down my spine.

"What are you talking about?" He snapped.

I took a step in his direction and placed my hands around his shoulders, shaking him a bit. I felt his muscles tighten under my palms as he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Please," I half snapped at him. "There's someone in the woods," My voice became shaky as I thought about what happened just a few minutes ago. That couldn't be a dream. "We have to leave. Now,"

He still didn't seem to believe me as he didn't respond and I shook my head, annoyed. I gave one more look towards the dark woods and tears welled up in my eyes. I looked back at him to find him looking in the direction of the woods and his gaze fell upon me.

His face was now filled with confusion, while I just wanted to scream at him or something. I held back my tears and he nodded. "Okay,"

We walked towards the motorbike and once I was seated behind him, I couldn't look away from the woods as we rode past them. My hands involuntarily tightened around his shoulder and I couldn't be anymore glad about him being here. As we turned the corner, I loosened the grip and breathed in a sigh of relief.

The ride went silent as he parked the vehicle in the parking lot of the building and we took the elevators to the apartment. He didn't ask me any questions and I was really glad about that.

I entered the apartment first and headed straight to the kitchen to get myself a glass of water. As I drank the water, I felt his gaze on me but I was too involved in calming myself. I set the glass down on the counter and turned to him, just when a thought came to me.

"What were you doing there?" I asked him.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "It's noon and you weren't back like you said you would,"

My heart warmed for some unknown reason as I bit my lip to stop a smile forming. What the hell is wrong with me?

"How did you know I was there?"

He rolled his eyes at me. "Where else would you be?"

I narrowed my eyes for a moment and he motioned for me to sit down on the couch. I nodded and went over to the couch, collapsing on it, feeling a lot more relaxed now.

He went to the kitchen and came back after a few seconds with a box in his hands. He set it on the table and opening the lid, pulled out a brown bottle and some cotton. My eyes grew wide as he soaked the cotton in it.