Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

I blinked at the message and the screen went blank.

Summerstone should be punished?

Who was that? Why was the person calling Trevor his boss?

My mind went back to the person I had followed in the morning. He said his boss wanted to punish me for blocking the boundaries.

Why is Trevor called boss by anyone? Is he....?

NO! The answer was firm inside my head.

A chill ran down my spine as I tried to process what was going on. Trevor wanted to harm me?

My breathing grew heavy as I panicked over the text. Could it be a prank?

Looking around the room, my eyes landed on the jacket he had laid on the couch infront of me. With shaky steps, I walked over to it and ran my fingers over it to check the pockets.

My hand froze at the inner pocket as it met something hard. I gulped before pulling out a--revolver.

Trevor had a revolver.

I could feel the goosebumps rising on my skin as the thought of him trying to kill me crept through my mind. He was here. And I was alone.

I looked around the hall frantically unless I spotted the front door. I had to get out.

Suddenly, I heard a click and jumped in my spot, my hands hiding the gun behind me involuntarily. I shoved it along my denim's waistband and covered it with my shirt, feeling the cold metal against my skin.

Trevor stepped out and looked up at me. I took a step away from his jacket and his gaze fell back on the couch.

"What is going on?" He asked and I stopped breathing at the coldness in his voice.

Does he know?

I looked at the door and Trevor's glare sharpened. I swallowed and turned to him fully.

I opened my mouth to speak but shut it when he took a step in my direction.

My limbs were frozen as I watched him take slow steps towards me. I steadied my hands to pull the revolver out any moment.

He stopped a few inches away from me and studied my face.

"Leah?" His gaze softened. "Are you okay?" He asked, his face displaying a mixture of confusion and worry.

A feeling of hope filled my heart. He wouldn't be looking at me like that if he really wanted to kill me. No one could fake so much care, could they?

But then, my mind went back to the man I was following this morning and how he had made me walk right into his trap. What if this was Trevor's trap?

I nodded slightly and cut a glance at the door. Should I run?

Maybe Trevor doesn't know it yet. I could surely get myself killed by trying to run. Another idea popped inside my head--I could call the cops.

This was much better! There has to a landline on the upper floor. Or else, I could lock myself in one of the rooms upstairs, plus I have his revolver.

"Uh...yeah. I'm o-okay," I stuttered and he gave me an incredulous look.

"Why are you sweating?"

"It's a little hot. And I...uh....I'll have to go upstairs for a while,"

"Why?" He raised a brow at me.

"I think I wanna be in my parents' room for a while. You can start eating. Don't wait for me," I said and without waiting for a reply, slipped past him and ran upstairs, praying that he won't notice the gun.