Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

"Are you sick?" Aaron asked me when I stepped out of the room next morning.

My head was aching and my eyes seemed pretty strained as I did not catch any sleep the night before.

"No. I'm fine," I muttered.

I heard him get up and walk over to me. He seemed hesitant.

"You can't change what happened and putting yourself in misery is not going to bring him ba-"

"I know," I snapped and turned to him.

"I know it, Aaron. Just stop,"

He let out a sigh and nodded.

I got ready and when I was about to leave, Aaron stopped me to ask where I was going.

"I'm going to the woods,"

"For what?" He frowned.

"I still need to find the boundaries,"

He shut the book he was reading and got up. "I'm coming with you,"

"No,"

He seemed taken aback by my bluntness. "Why not?"

I sighed. "I can't involve anyone with me, Aaron. It's dangerous and I'm not sure if I can see another person dying because of me,"

He took in a long breath and walked over to me. "And I can't leave you alone in this. Plus I'm more powerful than you,"

"How come? You learned till you were twelve. I have six more years of experience than you."

"I still practised here,"

I doubted his words. "Can you teleport?"

"No. I was too young when I came here. I couldn't learn that,"

I shut my eyes and sighed. "I wish someone could teach me,"

"Why?"

"Because I could simply teleport myself back to Epitoria,"

"Leah," He stared at me. "That's not how it works,"

"What do you mean?" I frowned.

"Magic cannot work between the boundaries, even if they were still active. Why else do you think you cannot make a connection with your family?"

His words made sense and I felt like a fool for even considering this teleportation option.

"I'm coming with you," He stated.

I nodded hesitantly and walked to the door, but I got a headrush the moment I took a few more steps and I almost fell back.

Aaron grabbed my shoulders in a firm grip and helped me back to the couch. He fetched me a glass of water and I drank it.

"You have to eat,"

I opened my mouth to speak but he challenged me with his glare. I shut my mouth.

He went to the kitchen and there was some shuffling with the plates and mitten. He was probably warming the food up.

After a few minutes, he stepped out with a plate full of spaghetti and placed it infront of me.

The aroma filled my nostrils and I stared eating the delicious treat. I devoured the entire thing in a few minutes and got up to leave.

Aaron followed behind and once in the parking lot, we got in his car and he started driving towards the familiar woods.