Chapter Four

Chapter Four

I woke up and checked the time. It was 6:30 a.m and I peeked out again. He was asleep on the couch. I got up and went to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. The living room seemed dark and I pulled the curtains away, letting the little sunlight in.

I looked over at him as the sunlight illuminated his features and I smiled at how calm the haughty guy looked in his sleep.

I went into the kitchen to get a glass of water when my gaze fell on the couch once more. Maybe I should cook breakfast for him? Oh no! He was so rude yesterday when he did not even acknowledge my toast. But then, he saved me last night.

Well, maybe he did not like Nutella toast. Yeah! That has to be the reason he did not eat it yesterday. But why would there be a Nutella jar at his house if he does not even like it? I shook my head at the stupid thoughts and decided to make breakfast. I looked around for flour in the shelves.

I took a bowl and started preparing the batter in it. Grabbing the pan from the counter, I placed it on the stove to heat. Coating it with some oil, I spread the batter and waited for the bubbles to appear. I looked around for the turning spatula and spotted it on a higher shelf. I cast a spell on it and smiled when it appeared in my hand.

I turned around and stuck the spatula under batter to turn it but it was stuck on the pan. "Come on come on," I scratched the spatula against the pan and tried to remove the pancake but it was stuck. I let out a small scream in frustration, as I scratched all the batter away and threw it.

I poured another layer of batter on the pan and waited for the bubbles again. I tucked the spatula under batter, hoping it would come off but it was stuck again. "Ugh," I whacked the counter in frustration but my hand hit the pan by mistake and it jumped to fall on the ground with the pancake. Out of my reflexes, I caught the pan. Whew!

Within a moment, I screamed as I felt a sting of pain from the heat on my hands. "My hands! My hands! Oh My God!" I screamed as I immediately threw the pan away on the floor and noticed the little redness on my palms. Sighing in relief that they didn't get burnt, I picked up the pan and placed it on the counter.

A little movement from the living room caught my attention and I looked up to find Trevor sitting up on the couch and looking at me with narrowed eyes. Oh no!

"I did not break any of your coffee mugs today," I said and his eyes narrowed even further. "What? You don't believe me?" I asked and turned around to show him all his coffee mugs one by one. I held up the first one and turned around. "See this is okay,"

I spotted another one and held it up without turning around. "This one's okay too," After doing this for probably the tenth time, I turned around with the last one I could find. "And this one's oka-" I gasped when I found him standing right infront of me as the coffee mug slipped from my hands and shattered into pieces.

I looked down hoping he would do the same but I felt his burning gaze on me. "Uh this one's your fault," I said and looked up to meet his glare. "But," I added later. "I can clean this," I said and turned around to clean it. Picking up the pieces, I threw them in the bin, all the while feeling his gaze on me.

"Done," I said and faced him with a smile but gave him a blank look when he just turned around and shut the bathroom door behind him.

Sighing, I washed the pan and poured another layer of batter on it. This time I coated it with more oil and smiled when the pancake came off. I placed it on a plate and poured some syrup over it, hoping that this was how Mom used to serve it. I poured some juice in the glass from the carton and placed them on the coffee table infront of his couch.