I didn't know what came over me because the next thing I knew, I was lurching forward to embrace him but my sanity came rushing back to me and I stopped.

My mind recalled the day I had come to Epitoria. He didn't even want to see me.

What was he doing here now?

He raised a brow at me and I frowned.

"What do you want now?" I asked.

"What?"

"Why are you here in Epitoria?"

He crossed his arms over his chest. "Can I not come here to meet my family?"

His family! Right! How could I forget they live here?

I nodded. "Ofcourse."

As much as I wanted to stay and talk to him, I bent down to gather my stuff. Shoving everything into the backpack in one swift move, I got up and turned to leave, all the while feeling his eyes on me.

I started walking towards my home, feeling his footsteps behind me in the empty fields which could even highlight my breathing sound.

Taking in a deep breath, I finally stopped and turned to him. He stopped too.

"What do you want?" I asked in annoyance.

"What are you talking about?"

"You're following me," I snapped.

"What makes you think that?" He acted innocent.

"Change your path. Go through some other field."

"Do you own these fields?"

I frowned. "No."

"Then what makes you think I'll listen to you?"

I stomped my foot in frustration and turned around to leave when he chuckled deeply.

"I missed you, Leah."

I stopped abruptly and looked ahead at the clear scenery ahead. Did he just say he missed me?

"What?" I slowly turned to him.

He looked at me with amusement clear in his features as he stepped up to me, his face an inch away from mine. My breathing turned heavy when he lifted his hand to my face, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I missed you," His eyes held a soft look as they scanned my face.

I was so overwhelmed with my emotions that I could neither move nor push him away. Instead, I just stood there, leaning into his touch and closing my eyes.

He lifted his other hand up and caressed my other cheek.

I took in a shaky breath and opened my eyes, instantly taking a step back. His face now held disappointment.

"You said you never wanted to see me again," I spoke in a hard voice.

He nodded slightly. "I did."

"So what do you want now?"

"I just wanted to see you."

I looked down at the ground. "I can't do this to myself again, Trevor. Please leave me alone."

"What?" He stepped closer, anger flashing in his eyes as he grabbed my hand, stopping me.

I yanked it free and glared at him. My eyes became moist as I opened my mouth to speak.

"It's been six months since I last saw you and we didn't even have a proper closure. You just said you never wanna see me again and I did exactly what you told me to. I never came back. It was pretty obvious I felt something for you and now, when I finally got over you, you decide to show up but I know you're going to leave me miserable again. I can't do this to myself again, Trevor. Just leave me alone," I snapped.