Chapter 11

VERONICAS POV
Tears streamed down my pale face and drenched my dark hair as I pulled the front door to my house closed. I didn't know where I was going all I knew is I had to go somewhere. Whenever I was sad I would gravitate to Archie but now I knew I couldn't it that made me break inside.

I ended up walking to Kevin's house. I knocked on the door and stood there for what felt like hours. I kept overthinking the situation like 'me and Kevin haven't talked much maybe he'll think of this as weird' or 'if I run now he won't know it was me' I was snapped out of my daydream by the clicking of the front door revealing Kevin standing behind it.

"Oh Veronica!" He said and ran over to me and gave me a big hug.

I hugged back and just let my emotions loose.

"What happened?" He said and pulled away.

I wiped my eyes from tears and replied, "well my dad got arrested for the murder of Fred and then Archie broke up with me over text because of that".

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry veronica that's wrong on so many levels!" He said and motioned his hands for me to come inside.

"No I can't sit in my own self pity anymore sorry" I said and looked down.

"What do you wanna do then?"

"I wanna go look for Fred's real killer" i exclaimed almost immediately.

ARCHIES POV

I watched Betty pacing the room. Back and forth.

"Look Betty I didnt do it to hurt her I just done what I thought was right"

"How is that okay in your eyes Archie?! Her dad just got dragged to jail for a murder and Veronica would've been killed by that let alone to be punished for it" Betty almost screams at me.

I look down realising her point.

Suddenly a knock comes at the door.

Betty opens it and I walk over and sees who it is

"Mum?!?!" I exclaim.

VERONICAS POV

"How on earth do you know it wasn't your father! Cops don't just arrest people!" Kevin says shocked by what I'd just said.

"Ahah well that's where your wrong see they've only arrested him cause he's an ex-criminal and he just got released! It's the perfect story they can tie all the pieces in a little bow and everyone's happy!" I say enraged by everything happening.

"What do you mean by that?"

"I mean cops don't want justice they just want there pay checks on a Friday afternoon! Cops around here are shit! Honestly kids in highschool found out who killed Jason before any of them had a lead!" I say.

Kevin stood shocked as his dad is the sheriff.

"Sorry ... sorry I didn't mean it like that. I just meant that I'd really like proof" I said trying to take back the attacks I'd just made.

"Okay I get it. Where do you wanna look first"

"Me Betty and Archie were going over to an abandoned building across sweet water river, it looks small but the serpents led us to it so it ain't innocent, plus I think whoever has Jughead is who shot Fred" I told Kevin.

"Okay lets go then" he says and closes the front door.

"Are you serious your actually gunna help me?" I say almost shocked.

He looks down at me and smiles and says "well we better get going before I change my mind"

I give off a small laugh and we set off for sweet water river. Not knowing exactly what we were looking for.

-----------------------

Hey guys sorry not varchie this chapter 😫 next chapter will have them though don't worry!❤️
Who's happy I finally brought Kevin into this😂?
Anyway you guys should go read my other story it's clace 😏😍
I love you wolffies so much this story is so successful and I'm happy😭❤️
2.64k reads?!?! 😍😭 whatttt!
Total word count: 663