Chapter 17

"Help me out of this hell
Your love lifts me up like helium"
-helium, sia

ARCHIES POV

I blinked and saw Betty in front of me. Drinking her way to familiar strawberry milkshake. Giving me that stare that I now recognise as being flirty but of course I didn't realise that at the time cause I thought of her as my best friend nothing more and I still do. But this dinner date seemed way to familiar all I need was for-

As I was in my train of thought I saw Veronica walk in. I was in shock I had forgotten how this moment felt and feeling it all again.

"Archie I've been thinking about us and our friendship" Betty went on and on about but between me somehow time travelling and getting a second chance with everything but especially Veronica in this very moment. I stood up as she went to talk to pop Tate.

"Hi.." she says.

"Come with me" I say and grab her wrist and take her outside.

"What are you doing" she says but comes with me anyway.

I stopped around the corner of pops where me and Veronica were once searching for clues on my dads killer but none of that mattered right now just her.

"Look Veronica, I know you may not know me yet and well this may be extremely weird but..."

"But what" she says and laughs a little

"But I love you." I say to her and starred into her eyes that fell in shock.

"Archie."

"How do you know my name" I say quickly.

"Archie we are soul mates how am I supposed to not know your name" she replies and looks up to me and tilts her head in that gorgeous way she always used too. Her black coat swayed in the summer breeze towards me.

She grabbed my collar and played with it before pulling me down and kissing me. It was so passionate and loving I kissed her right back. And there we were kissing and i knew in that moment that Veronica was the only person for me.

She was quite literally my soul mate.

I never wanted this moment to end. It just felt so right. Until I heard screaming. And realised it was coming from Veronica. I saw her pulled away from me and locked away. But the screaming didn't get quieter.

I stayed confused until I finally shook myself awake.

It was all a dream.

I realised the screaming was actually coming from Veronica. I quickly spun around and shook her awake.

"Veronica! Veronica wake up!" I say wanting her to stop panicking seeing her panicking was one of the worst things ever.

She woke up and shot up into a sitting position.

"Archie." She says in a breathless tone.

"I'm right here" I say and hold her shaking hand.

She looks over to me and I could see denial in her eyes.

"What is it Veronica"

She looks down at our hands then looks back at me.

"It doesn't matter honeslty Archie don't worry"

"It matters to me" I say quickly back.

"Why-"

"Because I love you, and no matter how much I deny it I'm always going to love you." I say and after look around and just process what I had just said.

"What did you just say" she looks to me her eyes weakly happy and shock written all over her face.

"I love you Veronica lodge"

She smiles at me and relief washes over her completely she completely relaxes.

"I love you too archiekins" she says and giggles.

We then stare into eachothers eyes for what felt like forever until we both gave in. I grabbed her neck and kissed her. Just as I wished too. She was mine again. Someone I didn't deserve. Was mine again.

In between kisses I whisper "I'll never let anyone take us apart again"

She smiles and kisses me again and she pulls off her jacket.

-----------------------

I MADE IT A VARCHIE FANFIC AGAIN WOO GO ABBY *highfives myself cause I have no friends😂*

The dream thing was suckmaharse 's I just made it archies dream and changed up where it was cause I thought it fit a little better with what I had already written in the last chapter idk😂❤️ but seriously go follow her now. 💓

I'll go back to fred murder and thing again soon don't worry just miss writing about my babies just having time to themselves 💓

Okay not gunna update again for a few days or something (unless I decided to write and have free time sooner) but until then hope these two chapters are good enough❤️

Reads: 4.42k duh same as last time cause posted that a few mins ago😂
Total words: 804 words