Chapter Twenty One

Start from the beginning

He sighed and rubbed his forehead. "This is the only way of going back, Leah."

"I know," I buried my face in my hands and leaned back. "It's just so frustrating and unfair. You know, to kill someone else for your mistakes."

"Aaron tried to kill you. You have every right to do the same to him."

I turned to him. His lips were pressed in a thin line and he raised a brow at me.

"I need a nap," I got up from the couch when he let out a laugh.

I went up to my room and sat at the edge of the bed, thinking.

I realized that I was being such a selfish person, only worrying about me going back. I have so many things at stake by one reckless action of mine.

Trevor's trade was the biggest of them all. Then there was Richard and his fellow elves who couldn't go back to their families.

Family. How could I be selfish enough to think about only my family when there were families of those who are stuck here, waiting for them to come back?

Trevor's gang has to protect me. I'm stealing all their time. I'm stealing Stella and Patrick's time.

I suddenly felt like a pathetic person and tears pooled in my eyes as realization finally dawned on me.

What am I waiting for?

I know the way to go back. The bottom-line is that either Aaron or me will get to go back home but whoever goes back, will be happy once more.

He deserves to reunite with his family as much as I do.

I should leave it up to fate now.

And, the most important thing is that boundaries will be unblocked again.

A knock on the door suddenly jerked me up.

"Leah?"

I walked up to it and opened the door. "Yeah?"

"I have to go to the warehouse for a while. It's important. You are coming with me." Patrick stated.

I frowned. "Why?"

"Because I can't leave you alone here."

"I've been fine since the past hour. Trust me. I'll be okay."

He seemed hesitant. "Are you sure?"

"Yes."

He nodded slightly and went downstairs. I followed him to the front door.

"If there is any problem, just call me."

"I will."

He left the house and I propped on the couch, going back to my previous thoughts.

I instantly made up my mind and closed my eyes, concentrating hard to get on the level I wanted to.

I gulped, feeling a cold shiver run down my spine once the connection was formed and I could feel his aura all around me.

"Is this a trap, Summerstone? Wait until I get my hands on-"