Chapter 26 - You're Perfect

As soon as I woke up, a smile was plastered on my face. I went downstairs for breakfast.

"Morning, mom! Morning, dad!" I greeted them and flashed them a huge smile. They gave me a confused and surprised look. "What just happened?" My mom asked out of curiousity. I laughed. Honestly, I don't know as well. Maybe because Greyson's back. "Ahh, my little princess is finally happy! I missed seeing your beautiful smile," my dad told me and hugged me. As we pulled away, I looked at them. "Mom, dad," I smiled to them. "Thank you so much for forcing me to move here in Oklahoma. At first, I'll admit it sucked. Like so much. But as the time goes on, I realized that my life just got better here. New friends, new environment, new everything. There may be times I had problems, but thankfully, I always get through them. Can I hug you guys?" My eyes are starting to get watery. They looked at each other, still not sure of what's happening. I'm not sure either. "(Y'N), honey, we really don't know why you suddenly became so happy that you thanked me and your father, but it's really nice so yea, of course." I hugged them with both arms tightly. "Okay, it's eating time! I'll be late for school," I said as I pulled away.

•••

Jessica Parker went back to her hometown. Greyson didn't told me he knows it. Then suddenly, a thought came to my mind. What if Greyson apologized to me yesterday so he won't be alone today? That thought bothers me so much.

It was lunch time. As usual, everyone gets at the cafeteria. We sat on our table with our usual positions. Cyrene and Austin sitting next to each other across us and me sitting between Samantha and Greyson across them. They talked about our class' farewell party since there's just a week left the school year ends. There are times when they'll ask me if it's a great idea or not, but I would just nod my head.

The thought of Greyson being with us again, with me, bothers me. Like really. Jessica's a hot girl. She has a beautiful blonde hair and a really great body. While me.... I'm nothing compared to her.

"(Y/N), are you okay?" I was snapped out by Greyson. He held my hand and gave me a concerned look. They stopped talking about the farewell party and switched all their attention to me. This gesture of makes me think maybe I'm just thinking too much. "Yeah," I smiled to him and he smiled back. Then they continued their conversation.

•••

As we're walking home, he placed his arm around me. I looked at him and stopped walking.

"Is something wrong?" He asked. "Is it my arm? I'm so sorry (Y/N), I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable. I pro-"

"No," I cut him off. What if what I thought earlier is true? But what if I'm just thinking too much. WHAT IF.

I looked in his eyes and asked, "Greyson, what do you think about Jessica?"

He looked confused. "What kind of question is that?"

"Just please answer it."

He looked in my eyes then looked away.

"You really want to know what I think about Jessica?" He asked. I nodded.

"Well," he started. "Jessica's a great girl, with a beautiful hair and a really great body. Her eyes are so intimidating, like you can actually get lost in it! And the way she moves, it captivating! I bet all the other guys are like, 'Woah, this girl is really something!' cause she is. She's so gorgeous and perfect and-"

"Stop! Just stop it!" I yelled and looked down and closed my eyes. The way he describe her isn't the way I expected he would. It's like he's in love with her. Or maybe he is.

I'm such an idiot, I thought. It's my fault though, I shouldn't have asked him that question. Now I can't stop crying.

"(Y/N)," he said softly as he gently held my shoulders. "Look, I'm sorry if I hurt you but I don't want to lie to you." Our foreheads touched and he wiped my tears with his thumb. "You know what, honestly, Jessica's so near to perfect, and I can't even compare her with you. You know why? Because she's nothing compared to you. You're not a 'something', (Y/N). You're magic. And I think it's really crazy how you make me go crazy inside when you smile at me or how you make my heart race so fast when you go near me. I told you Jessica's near to perfect, and I know no one in this world is perfect but God. But I can't stop seeing you as a perfect person, you know? Your smile is gorgeous, your eyes are gorgeous, your hair is gorgeous, everything about you is beautiful. And by everything, I mean everything inside your heart and your physical appearance. Aside from God and my mother, okay I'll count Alexa as well, you are perfect too, for me. And I love you so much, (Y/N). I really do. Now stop crying, you're too beautiful to do that, okay?" He kissed my head and stroked my hair. Now I can't stop crying.

I laughed. "Did you just ate a dictionary? Or did you googled all those lines?"

He laughed as well. "Well, I guess I just want to be your Augustus Waters."

Our foreheads touched once again.

"I love you (Y/N)," he whispered.

"I love you too, Greyson," I whispered back.

"Let's head home, shall we?" And we did.

Greyson doesn't need to be like Augustus Waters. I like him the way he is. I love him the way he is.

-------------------------------

Author's Note (Please read!):

Hi guys! So I told you that this will be the last chapter before the epilogue part. I guess I kinda poured my heart in this chapter. Maybe because I just finished reading Rainbow Rowell's 'Fangirl.' And that part where Greyson told (Y/N) that she's magic, yeah, I got that from the novel. And hey, Greyson tweeted earloer that Planet X will be out SO SOON! OMG. Anyway,  the epilogue will be posted as soon as possible. If you're reading this, I'm thankful for you and I love you. Hope you guys liked this chapter! Love you all & have a great day. God bless! :-) xox