Chapter 22 - Jessica Brown

Weeks have passed, or maybe a month already, you and Greyson went great. There are still times when you both feel awkward, but thank God you always get past through it.

{Y/N’s POV}

I can’t help but wonder why I feel like something bad’s gonna happen. I don’t know what it is but I feel so nervous.

Greyson slipped his hand into mine.

Greyson: Everything okay?

Y/N: Uh, y-yeah. I just don’t feel so good.

Greyson: Aw. C’mon, let me hug you.

Greyson pulled me in his arms. Every time he wraps his arms around me, I feel like everything’s okay and I just want to stay in that moment, forever.

I smiled at him as I pulled away.

We headed back to our classroom. Everyone’s so nervous for the results of their math exams. Including me.

Mr. Brooks started to give out our papers. Some got high scores, some failed.

Mr. Brooks: Congratulations, Ms. (Your last name). You improved a lot this year. Keep it up.

A huge smile crossed my face knowing that I got 27 correct answers out of 30 items.

Greyson: Woah, you got a high grade! Congrats (Y/N)!

Y/N: Thanks, Greyson! Without you, I wouldn’t be able to get a high score.

Samantha: Wow, (Y/N), you almost got a perfect score!

Austin: Yeah. Looks like Greyson is an excellent Math teacher.

Cyrene: Congrats on that, (Y/N)! Uh, Greyson, I think you should better teach the rest of us too.

Samantha: Yeah, Cyrene’s right.

Greyson: Sure! If we all have time, I will.

Mr. Brooks stood next to the door after he distribute the papers.

Mr. Brook: Class, kindly settle down.

Everyone did what he said.

Mr. Brooks: The principal has informed me during your lunch break that there will be a transferee who’ll join this class. Kindly welcome, Jessica Brown.

As the new girl walked in, most of the guys in our class were like, “woah, she’s so hot!” or “look at her legs!” She’s maybe about 5’5 inches tall. She has blonde, straight hair. She wore a short, sleeveless dress and a pair of high heels. She looks good, yeah but I don’t think she’s nice.

Mr. Brooks: Ms. Brown, please introduce yourself to the class.

Jessica: Good day, I’m Jessica Brown. I’m from Georgia but we just moved here a week ago. Hope we’ll all be friends!

Mr. Brooks: Okay, Mr. Jones, please go take your seat. You can sit anywhere you want to, as long as the place is vacant.

She smiled at my classmates as she went to her seat near us. When she’s about to sit down, she looked at Greyson and gave him a sweet smile. What’s the meaning of that?

I looked at Greyson, noticed that he’s looking back at her, smiling. Nope, I’m not jealous.

*

The school bell rang. Finally, classes are over. I placed my notebooks inside my bag when the new girl approached Greyson.

Jessica: Hey, Chance.

I looked at Greyson, waiting for his response.

Greyson: Uh, yeah?

Jessica: Starting from now, I want you to be with me for the whole school hours.

Excuse me, but who are you to command or tell Greyson to do something like that? I thought.

Y/N: What?

Jessica: I said, starting from today, Greyson will be with me for the whole school hours.

Greyson: Uh, why me?

Jessica: I don’t know. Maybe because you look so smart and good.

She leaned closer to Greyson. I know fighting is never the answer (well that’s what Cat Valentine said) but I seriously want to pull her hair off now.

Greyson: Uhm..

I waited for Greyson’s response, hoping he’ll say no.

Jessica: Please?

Greyson: Uh- okay.

WHAT? DID GREYSON JUST SAID YES? IS HE OUT OF HIS MIND?

Jessica: Great! See ya tomorrow, handsome.

I’m so mad right now. No not mad, jealous I guess? Ugh. Did Greyson even heard what she said? He’ll be with her when we’re in school? How bout me? I know we’re not yet together or what but I don’t know. I just want to cry.

I grabbed my bag and pushed my chair away from my table. I walked quickly out of the classroom.

Greyson: (Y/N)? (Y/H), wait for me!

I walked faster, wishing Greyson won’t catch up to me.

Greyson: (Y/N)! (Y/N)!

He suddenly grabbed my arm that caused me to stop walking. He made me face him by turning my shoulders to him.

Greyson: What’s wrong? Wait, are you crying?

What? I didn’t realized I was crying. I hate this. I don’t want to show Greyson how I feel.

Greyson: Hey…

Y/N: Don’t you want to be with me?

What’s wrong with me? Why did I just asked him that stupid and non-sense question?

Greyson: What? What are you saying?

Y/N: Why did you said yes to Jessica?

Greyson: I don’t want her to feel bad!

Y/N: Oh yeah? But Greyson, didn’t you understand what she said? She said you should be with her every time we’re in school! That means we won’t be able to be together at all!

I knew it. Something unwanted will happen.

Greyson stopped. Maybe he realized what his ‘yes’ was for.

Greyson: I’m…I’m sorry……

He wiped the tear on my cheek.

Greyson: I promise you that I’ll do it just for a day. I’m sorry (Y/N).

He pulled me in his arms and wrapped his hand tightly around me.

*

I lay down on my bed. My eyes feel so tired today. Maybe because I cried earlier.

My eyes were about to shut when my phone vibrated. Greyson texted me.

Hey, are you still mad? I’m really sorry. I promise I’ll try to make it up to you. Sorry. Good night.

I feel so bad for getting mad at him. I hope I’ll feel better tomorrow. 

---

Author's note: I'm sorry to keep you guys waiting. I'm just so busy at school. :-(( Here's the next chapter. Hope you'll like it!!! Xx