Chapter 16 - I Just Feel Cold

{Next Day}

You’re at the comfort room.

You’re fixing your hair. You remembered what happened yesterday. You smiled in front of the mirror. It’s not a date but it feels like one. :”>

Meanwhile, at the classroom…..

Austin: So how did it went?

Samantha: Omg, you already confessed to her?

Greyson: Unfortunately, I failed again.

Austin: What?! I thought you already made up your mind!

Greyson: Yeah but….. Anyway, I asked her out yesterday.

Austin: Ah, brilliant.

Cyrene: Omg, you guys had a date?

Greyson: Well, it’s not really a date.

Samantha: But you asked her out?

Greyson: Yeah.

Austin: Bro, that’s like…….the same thing.

Greyson: Maybe for you guys, it is but for me and her, it’s not.

Samantha: Did you gave her flowers and chocolates?

Greyson: Well, I gave her a rose and a box of chocolate which we received from McDonalds.

Cyrene: Did you took her home?

Greyson: Yes, of course. We’re just neighbors.

Austin: Did she had fun?

Greyson: Uhh yeah. She’s smiling all day.

Samantha: Then it IS a date. You asked her out, you gave her a rose and a box of chocolate, you took her home and she had fun.

Cyrene: Don’t you think it’s easier to confess cause you’re doing these sweet things to her?

Then you came.

Samantha: Hey (Y/N)!

Y/N: Hey Sam! What’s with that big smile on your face?

Samantha: Nothing. I’m just so happy to see you today!

Y/N: Okayyy. That’s weird. HAHA

Then Mrs. Henderson, your Science teacher, came.

Austin: Oh, Mrs. Henderson is already here.

Mrs. Henderson: Good morning class.

Everyone: Good morning Mrs. Henderson.

Mrs. Henderson: We’ll proceed today to the library for a review on your exam tomorrow about stars. You can have a review partner. Bring your book. I’m expecting you all to get a high score.

{At the library}

Everyone’s with their review partner. Cyrene’s with Austin and Samantha’s with Michelle Williams, one of the top 10 students in your class. While you, you’re with Greyson. (He always asks you to teach him when it comes to Science cause you’re really good at it.)

You sat on the table where no one sat. So it’s just you and Greyson. He sat beside you.

You opened your Science book and opened it to the page about the stars.

While you’re teaching him, he’s getting closer and closer to you until there’s no space between the two of you anymore. You can’t focus on the lesson cause he’s just staring at you while teaching him.

All of your classmates started to cough fakely because they saw how close you and Greyson are to each other on a table.

Librarian: Students, stop coughing. This is a library, not a clinic.

Everyone stopped.

You whispered to Greyson.

Y/N: Uh, Greyson, w-why are you so close to me?

Greyson: Don’t mind them.

Y/N: What?

Then Mrs. Henderson approached the both of you. She also noticed how close the both of you are.

Mrs. Henderson: Mr. Chance, are you feeling cold?

Greyson: Uh, yes Mrs. Henderson. It’s kinda freezing here.

Mrs. Henderson: Bring a jacket next time.

Greyson: Okay ma’am.

Is he really feeling cold or he just wants to sit so close to me?

{Lunch time}

You’re with Samantha.

Y/N: Samantha, do you know where Greyson is?

Samantha: I think he’s at the clinic.

Y/N: Why? Is he sick?

Samantha: I don’t know. Anyway, why are you sitting so close to each other earlier?

Y/N: What? You mean, when we’re at the library?

Samantha: Yes.

Y/N: Sam, that’s nothing. He just feels cold, that’s all.

Samantha: That’s all?

Y/N: Yeah.

Samantha: Oh-kay then.

Y/N: Oh c’mon Sam.

Samantha: Why? HAHA

{Dismissal time}

You’re walking home with Greyson. Both of you aren’t speaking to each other. Then he spoke.

Greyson: I’m sorry for what I did earlier. You know, for sitting so close beside you. I just really feel so cold.

Y/N: Don’t be sorry, that’s okay.

You noticed that Greyson looks weak and tired.

Y/N: Are you okay?

Greyson: Yeah. Don’t worry about me, I’m fine.

Y/N: You sure?

Greyson: Yeah, I’m sure.

Y/N: Okay.

You reached home.

Before you went in, as always, Greyson hugged you. But not really tight. His arms are warm but his hands are cold. He looks like he’s sick.

Y/N: Hey, you sure you’re okay?

Greyson: I’m sure, okay? So don’t worry now. I don’t want you to feel worried. See you tomorrow gorgeous!

Y/N: Okay, see you too.

He gave you a weak smile before he left. You wonder why he's like that.

Author's note: Hi everyone! Thank God my exams and classes are already over! Sorry if I'm not active these past days. I just got busy. :) Thank you to everyone who reads my story. May God bless you all! ☺