Chapter 25

(Y/N)'s POV

As I heard those words, I felt everything in my world stop for a moment. I know who exactly that voice belongs to. Greyson. I slowly turned my head to see if it was him. And yes, it was him. There he stood in his usual white shirt, black jeans and pair of converse. Our eyes met and we stared at each other for a while. I miss seeing those gorgeous brown eyes that are locked to mine. I don't care how I look now. How red my eyes are, how messy my hair is. All I want to do is stay in this moment. I just missed him so much.

As he started to approach me and sit by my side, I turned my head back and wiped my tears.

He started a conversation as soon as he sat down beside me.

Greyson: How are you?

I didn't answer him back immediately.

"Fine," I said without looking at him.

Silence occured and all you can hear is the wind blowing. I didn't look at him since he got by my side. I don't know. I know I asked him to act the way he usually does but I think that made him forget there's actually something between us already. Not just friends or best friends, but something greater than that. I admit it, I was hurt. Seeing him everyday with a flirty girl and not even having the chance to talk to him even through text messages or what. Those days he spent with Jessica is where I felt alone in the dark. I felt like he forgot what we have. Greyson's the one who makes my life brighter. And without him, I felt like a candle that can never be lit on again.

Greyson: Why are you crying?

He asked me so calm. But isn't it obvious? I know he heard almost everything I said but why does he have to ask me that question?

I remained silent. I know I'll end up crying again if I answer him. And I don't want to do that right now.

Greyson: These days have been really hard for me. I can't believe I managed to survive a lot of days without having a connection with you. It sucks. And I can't believe I spent all those days with that Jessica. She took all of my time! I didn't know why she did that. You know, asking me to be with her all the time. It's so wei-

"Greyson, stop!" I yelled as I cut him off. "Don't you see the way she looks at you? The way she talks to you? She likes you, okay?! And I can't believe you said yes to her and chose to follow what she said. I know I may sound selfish and annoying right now, but Greyson, I was hurt. I know you knew this would happen with the way she acted around you. I mean, it's okay for me if you spend some time with her but what hurts me is the fact that I think you already forgot everything about us! You already forgot me."

I buried my face in my hands. I knew I'll break down. All I want is for him to know I've been these days.

As I was crying, I felt his arms slowly wrap around me. He gently rubbed my back and rested his head on my shoulders. He hugged me.

"I'm so sorry (Y/N). I never wanted this to happen. If you only knew how much pain I've felt.. I'm so sorry," he softly whispered to me as he continues to rub my back. This made me stop crying a bit.

He pulled away and rested his forehead on mine. He wiped my tears with his thumb. "I love you so much (Y/N) and you have no idea how much I missed you. I'm so sorry for leaving you and everything. I promise I won't ever, ever leave your side again," he said softly to me.

"Promise?"

"I promise."

I hugged him again. "I'm sorry too, for being so sensitive and immature and-"

"Shhh," he cut me of as he pulled away and cupped my cheeks. "Stop apologizing for nothing. Starting from now on," he says, "I'll stay with you as possible as ever. I love you so much (Y/N). And that will never change." He kissed me on my forehead and hugged me again.

Right now, all my sadness were replaced by happiness. I'm so glad he's back. And hearing him say he loves me feel like it's the first time ever.

--------------------

Author's note (and a little announcement):

Sorry to keep you guys waiting for the new chapter! I was just so busy at school but now I'm on a vacation already so yay! But I know you guys got tired of waiting. And I'm actually wondering you will read this new update after all the waiting I made you do. Haha, I'm really sorry. Well, I don't think I improved but my type of writing did changed. Maybe it's because I was reading a lot of fiction stories the past months. Well, the epilogue's just one chapter away. (WHAT?!) Lol, yes. I just want to give you (Y/N) and Greyson a happy ending already and I don't want to keep you waiting for it. So yeah. I promise to update the next chapter as soon as I can. If you're reading this, thank you and I love you. The Lord is pleased with you. Have a great day! :) x