Chapter 19 - Instead, may I have this dance?

Greyson brought you to a beautiful place near a lake. You were mesmerized by the city lights.

Greyson: You like it?

Y/N: Yeah… Where are we?

Greyson: At Greyson’s Special Place. Hahaha, just kidding. C’mon.

Y/N: You silly kid. Wait, I thought we’ll eat first?

Greyson: We will, just wait.

(In your mind): Thank the gods, Greyson’s normal again.

He placed a hanky around your eyes.

Y/N: What are you doing?

Greyson: Just follow me, okay?

He held your hand and walked. You have no idea where he’ll bring you but nevermind.

Greyson’s hand is so soft. It made you feel warmer. Everything felt amazing when you got to hold his hand.

La la la.

Greyson: Okay, here we are.

He carefully took the hanky off your eyes.

1…..2…..3.

You opened your eyes. You feel so amazed by what you saw. City lights sparkle like glitters in the view.  Christmas lights are hanging on the branches of a tree. Behind you, is a big tree with a huge blanket underneath with some food.  Looks more like a picnic. At night.

Y/N: Greyson, what is this place? And what’s with the blanket and food and stuff? Are we gonna have a picnic at night?

Greyson: Hahaha, I don’t know what to call it. It’s more like a………a date but I don’t think it is. I mean, I didn’t asked you to go out with me on a date. And plus, I didn’t told Aunt Anna that it was a date. So yeah.

Y/N: Wait…..you mean this is a date but…you’re not gonna call it a date because no one knows it is a date?

Greyson: Sorta….

Y/N: But why? I mean, why would you do something like this with me?

Greyson: Uhh, I don’t know. Uhh, I mean, this is a friendly date! You know, when best friends come out together. Yeah.

Y/N: Oh……yeah.

Greyson: So, let’s eat? I cooked the food!

Y/N: Alone?

Greyson: Well, with the help of Alexa.

Y/N: I knew it. Hahaha.

You and Greyson ate.

After eating, you and Greyson are just sitting on the blanket under the tree, looking up at the stars.

Greyson: Hey….I’m just wondering. What do you like in a guy?

Y/N: Uhh..w-what?

Greyson: What do you like in a guy?

(In your mind): Shizz. Is he really asking me this question? Ohgods.

Y/N: Well, uh… I like someone who is uhh…who is smart, nice, kind-hearted and someone who’s a gentleman.

Greyson: Oh….

Y/N: W-why did you ask?

Greyson: Nothing. I’m just curious.

(In Greyson’s mind): Shoot. I still can’t do it. I still can’t confess to her. I should better think of something else.

Greyson stood up and lend his hand to you.

Y/N: Are you asking me to dance?

Greyson: Obviously?

Y/N: But there’s no music.

Greyson: That’s easy. I’ll just sing. Come on.

I placed my hand on his hand and stood up. I placed my arms around his neck.

Greyson: Wait, do you know how to do the waltz?

Y/N: I’ve seen it in movies and shows but I still haven’t tried it.

Greyson: Well then, let’s do it.

He arranged my arms the way it should be.

He started to sing “Can I Have This Dance.”

It felt like you’re in a fairytale.

Greyson: How’s that?

Y/N: I clearly have no idea you can dance the waltz.

Greyson: Well, Alexa taught me a few years ago. So uhh, let’s go home?

Y/N: Oh, sure. Let’s clean this thing up then we’ll go.

We walked home.

Greyson: See you tomorrow?

Y/N: Sure.

We're about to go in but then I called him.

Y/N: Greyson! Thanks for today.

Greyson: Anything for you, my princess. Good night!

Y/N: Good night.

Author's note: I'M REALLY REALLY SORRY FOR UPDATING AFTER 123456789 YEARS! I really am. :( Well, here's the next chapter! I was so busy at school. There's a lot of school works. Sorry again! God bless everyone. Xx