Chapter 13 - Michael Smith

Y/N: How about you Samantha? I mean, if Cyrene likes Austin and Austin likes Cyrene, how about you? Who do you like?

 A long pause happened. The wind blew lightly.

Samantha took a deep breath and started to speak.

Samantha: Well, he’s Michael Smith. A childhood friend of mine who celebrates his birthday every 15th of May. We grew up together in Texas. We’ve been together since we’re born. Our moms are like, best friends so yeah. Everyday, we always hang out. There’s not a day that we don’t. If I feel sad, he always makes me happy and treat me an ice cream. Once, when we’re in 1st grade, someone in school is making fun of me because I draw so bad. I can’t believe that Michael punched those guys who make fun of me. He always protect me from everything. There also came a time when we had a misunderstanding. We both got mad at each other because he doesn’t want to go to the lake. I found out that he’s sick that day so I became his nurse that day. On my 7th birthday, he had a surprise for me. He brought me to a beautiful grassy place with flowers everywhere and bought my favorite cake and gave me a bear and a necklace with the initials M and S on it. It doesn't mean Michael Smith. He told me that it means Michael and Samantha. Starting from that day, I always wear that necklace until now.

She smiled while recalling those happy memories she had with Michael. She took a deep breath and continued to speak.

Samantha: Then one day, we’re hanging out when he suddenly fainted. That happened on 6th of January. The doctor said he only have 4 months left to live. He’s sick. He has leukemia. His parents aren’t telling him or anyone because they want Michael to live his life normally and happily. 12th of April is the last time we hang out. We’re at the park when he collapsed. He’s brought to the Emergency Room. His heart stopped to beat. He stopped breathing. The doctors tried to do their best to make him live again but there’s no chance anymore. He died. After some few months, my family decided to move here in Oklahoma because I’m not doing good in Texas. I fail my exams and I always cry at night. I always get sick. They decided to move so that I’ll meet new people who might make me happy. So that I won’t be depressed and so that I won’t cry everyday at night. I tried to be happy for my parents and for Michael. I know they don’t want to see me like that. So I acted like I already forgot about Michael but the truth is, he’s in my mind everyday single day. There’s this photo of us when we’re five. I look at it everyday especially when I feel sad. It just makes me feel fine and happy. It’s like when I look at it, I can hear Michael’s voice in my head telling me not to be sad. Telling me to be strong enough. That I’ll make it through.

Samantha took a deep breath. Her eyes are red.

Samantha: Then I met Cyrene and Austin. Aside from my parents, they’re the only ones who can make me really happy. Then the two of you came. I never loved a guy again and I don’t know if I will. I miss Michael so much.

Samantha’s eyes were deep red. Tears keep streaming down her face.

I feel sad about it. I can feel how Samantha loves Michael. The tears streamed down to my face. I hugged her and Greyson comforted her.

Y/N: Shh, don’t worry, you’ll see each other again someday.

Greyson: Yeah. We’ll always be here for you so don’t be sad, okay? Michael doesn’t want to see you sad and crying. He wants you to be happy so do we.

Samantha: Thank you so much guys.

Y/N: C’mon, let’s go home.

Samantha: You guys go now. I’ll just call my dad to pick me up here.

Greyson: You sure?

Samantha: Yeah.

Y/N: Okay then. Take care Samantha!

Greyson: Bye!

Samantha: Bye guys!

{While walking home}

Y/N: Maybe if Michael’s still alive, Samantha and he are together.

Greyson: Yeah. And maybe there’s six of us.

Y/N: Yeah. Samantha’s love for Michael is real. I wish he didn’t die. If he’s still living until now, Samantha’s happier.

Greyson: Yeah. But don’t be sad. We’re always here for her to make her happy and cheer her up if she have problems. And if you have problems, I'll always be here to listen to it and make you happy.

You kinda blushed. It's like Greyson's telling you that he'll do everything to make you happy. <3

You smiled to him.

You reached home. Before you can touch the doorknob of the door of your house, Greyson called you.

Greyson: (Y/N)!

You turned to him. You saw that he’s running towards you. Then when he reached to you, he hugged you tightly.

Y/N: Uhh, Greyson, why are you hugging me?

Greyson: Nothing. See you tomorrow princess!

He ran back and went in. So do you.

{In your room}

(In your mind): I wonder why Greyson hugged me earlier. I’m not being a feeler but I think he likes me too. Sometimes, he acts like he does but I think that’s just normal. Nevermind. What happens happen. I know God has good plans for me.

Before you went to sleep, you prayed. <3

Author's note: I just think I need to put up something like this in my story so yeah. HAHA. I hope you all like this chapter. Thank you for reading my story. It means so much to me. May God bless you. :) ♥