Chapter Thirty

"I told you that you were going to get sick, H." Louis sighs, tunning his fingers soothingly through the boy's (short short) curls. 

"I'm not sick," Harry tells the older man, sniffling before breaking out into a coughing fit, balling his hands into fists and covering his mouth with them. Louis gives him a look, pulls him further into his side and gently nudges his head down on his chest. Then the vampire presses his face against the top of Harry's head, inhaling his scent, smiling when he gets some of his own mixed in with Harry's. "No, Lou." Harry weakly pushes against his chest. "I don't want you to get sick too."

"I thought you weren't sick." Louis teases, laughing slightly as his mate gives up trying to push him away and instead burrows in closer.

"I'm not, but I don't want you to get sick." Harry reasons, letting his eyes fall shut, sniffling again.

"I won't get sick, sweetheart. Strong immune system. We need to get you some drink though. Don't want you getting dehydrated." Louis' voice comes out slightly muffled.

Harry clings on tighter, shaking his head once. "Don't leave me please."

"I won't, I won't." Louis promises. "But we need you something to drink." He thinks for a minute, then says, "What do you want to drink? I can call Liam and ask him to bring it up here."

"Just water." Harry answers, wincing as the small scratch in his throat seems to be getting worse.

Louis nods and reaches out to grab his phone off of the bedside table, careful not to jostle Harry, then dials Liam's number, pushing the phone to his ear. "Hey, Liam. Can you bing a glass of water up? Harry's sick, needs something to be drinking, but I don't want to leave him... Alright, thanks, mate."

The phone is set back on the table. "He'll be up in just a minute."

"I'm cold," Harry whimpers, a shiver taking over his body. Louis is quick to pull the cover over him, frowning as he presses his lips to Harry's forehead.

"You feel a little warm," Louis tells the boy when he pulls back. "Maybe I should ask Liam to bring up a thermoneter too."

"No, don't need that. I'll be okay in a day or two." Harry reassures the vampire who's looking increasingly more worried by the second. "I love you."

"I love you too." Louis replies, smiling, though his eyes still show his concern.

A few minutes pass by and Louis' huffing, glaring at the closed door. "Where is he with your water?"

As if on cue the door opens, Liam appearing in their view. "I'm here, Harry's water is here, calm down." Liam says, heading over to the bed. Niall follows behind him carrying a bowl.

"Here, H." Niall walks forward carefully, sitting down on the edge of the bed. Harry sits up, Louis sitting up with him, and looks into the bowl. "I brought you ramen noodles. I know you always like eating them when you get a cold or when your allergies start acting up some."

"Thanks, Ni." Harry takes the bowl with a grateful smile, balances it carefully on his legs, then takes the water from Liam when the vampire passes it to him. Harry grabs the fork to take a bite of the noodles, but when Louis gives him a look, he rolls his eyes and takes a sip of water.

The water soothes his throat.

"Your hair looks good, Hazza." Niall approves. "We're gonna look hot at the ball."

Harry nods in agreement, chewing the food he just put in his mouth. Once he swallows, he opens his mouth to respond, but his gaze falls from Niall's face to the spot right above his collarbone. "Wait, is that-" Harry cuuts himself off, pulling his gaze back up to Niall's face. Then his eyes dart between Niall, who looks smug and happy, and Liam, who looks embarrassed but incredibly happy as well.

"Yeah, he finally decided to claim Zayn and me." Niall teases the burly vampire, laughing happily when he pouts.

"I'm happy for you, mate." Louis tells his friend, smiling at him as he claps him on the back.

"Thank you. Well, we'll let you rest, Harry. Hope you get to feeling better soon." Liam gives the curly haired boy a kind smile. He turns to his friend next. "Call me again if you or Harry need anything, okay?" Louis nods, giving Liam another thankful smile. Niall stands up from the bed and grabs hold of Liam's hand, smiling at Harry.

"Thank you," Harry calls out to his friends before the door is shut behind them, his voice cracking.

"You want to watch a movie or something while you eat?" Louis offers, taking the glass of water from Harry and setting it on the table so that none will spill.

Harry nods. "You pick it out though." He tells his prince, shoveling another bite of food in his mouth. Louis stands up from the bed and heads over to the large tv on the opposite wall that's rarely used, grabs a DVD from the shelf beside it, and puts it in the player. He heads back to the curly haired boy in his bed, stopping once to pull his black out curtains over his window, darkening the room significantly. Next he props the pillows up against the headboard, leans back against them, spreads his legs, and pulls Harry back into his chest.

"What are we watching?"

"Nerve." Louis answers, smiling at Harry, before he turns his eyes to the tv, pressing play on the remote.

Harry practically inhales his noodles, mentally thanking the blond as he's hungrier than he originally thought. Once the bowl is empty, 'cept for the juice, Louis takes it from him and puts it on the table next to the drink. He also grabs the drink and makes Harry take a sip of it, before he puts it back on the table.

Harry shifts around so that he's sideways on Louis' lap, his head laying on Louis' chest. The vampire's arms tighten around him, and a soft kiss is pressed to the top of his head.