Chapter Fourteen

Harry opens his eyes, but immediately closes them due to the harsh light that streams in from the windows, landing directly on his face. He stretches his hands out, blindly searching for Louis, frowning when he feels nothing but sheets. He forces his eyes open again, sitting up, listening for any signs that he's in the bathroom. 

Nothing.

He hesitates, tempted to call out his name, but he stops himself. Instead, he climbs out of the bed and scrambles over to the closet, grabbing a pair of black sweatpants and Louis' Adidas hoodie, carrying it into the bathroom.

Harry turns the water on, adjusting the handles to the right temperature, before he strips his clothes and gets in.

As he begins shampooing his hair thoroughly, he hears Louis' bedroom door open. "Babe?" Louis calls out a second later.

"Shower!" Harry yells back. Louis' footsteps come closer to the door.

"Sorry I wasn't in here when you woke up, sweetheart."

"It's okay," Harry shrugs even though Louis can't see him. "'ve only been up a few minutes anyways."

"Do you mind if I...?" The vampire trails off, Harry can almost hear him biting his lip.

"You can come in." Harry answers, rinsing the shampoo from his hair.

The door opens, and Harry hears Louis enter the bathroom, shutting the door behind him. He hears a small thump, and figures Louis leaned against the sink. "Liam told me what he did with Marcus."

"What'd he do?" The green-eyed boy asks quietly, almost afraid of the answer.

"Broke his neck," Louis answers simply.

Harry gasps though, covering his mouth. "He ki-killed him?"

"No, love." Louis softens his tone, realizing Harry is feeling scared. "Breaking a vampire's neck doesn't actually kill them, just kind of puts them to sleep for a few hours. Trust me, he got lucky that's all that happened to him."

"What do you mean?"

"If Liam would have gave me one more second, Marcus' heart would have been on the ground. That still may end up happening if I see him again." His tone takes a darker tone.

"Don't kill your brother, Lou." Harry pleads, sticking his head out from behind the shower curtain, making sure to keep his body covered. He sees Louis propped against the counter, his eyes (turning black, Harry notices) trained on him. "Please."

"He almost killed you, Harry." Louis grits through his teeth, squeezing his eyes shut tightly.

"I'm aware." Harry says.

"He purposely tried to kill you and almost succeeded." Louis elaborates as if Harry doesn't know this, his balled up fists beginning to shake.

"Lou, calm down, please. I'm okay," Harry all but whispers, watching as the veins appear around Louis' eyes.

"Can I- Can I hug you? I won't look at anything and you can wrap a towel around yourself if you want too, but I really need to touch you and breathe your scent." Louis asks, slowly opening his eyes.

Harry doesn't even hesitate to throw one of his arms out towards Louis, inviting him over. Louis uses his super speed to be next to Harry in the blink of an eye, his hands gripping his hips, his face pressing into his neck. Louis sucks in a deep breath, ignoring the fact he's getting wet from the water clinging to Harry's skin.

"You okay now?" Harry asks quietly, his mouth next to Louis' ear, when he feels the vampire beginning to relax.

"Yeah, sorry, Haz." He apologizes, pressing a small kiss to Harry's collarbone, some of the water that pooled there sticking to his lips, before he pulls his face away. "I still want to kill him, but if you don't want me too, I'll refrain. Unless he tries hurting you again. Then, I swear to you, I won't hesitate to rip his heart out, and Liam won't be able to stop me."