Chapter Eight

When morning comes around, Louis is, surprising, up before Harry. Louis shifts so he's on his side, facing the curly haired boy. A smile takes over his face when Harry cuddles closer in his sleep, his face pressing into Louis' throat, and his hands loosely grip onto Louis' shirt.

Louis reaches up to run his fingers through the boy's curls, tilting his head forward to burrow his nose into said curls, breathing in deeply. His boy smells strongly of apples, with a hint of cinnamon. It's a very intoxicating scent, a very powerful scent as well; it alone can calm him down from his deepest pits of angers, his darkest moments. Moments that he seems to be having a lot of here lately. 

Harry shifts, his face pulling away and his eyes fluttering open, blinking repetitively to waken himself up, while his hands loose their grip on the shirt. 

"Good morning, pretty." Louis greets softly, causing Harry's emerald eyes to focus in on him.

"Mornin', Lou." Harry returns the greeting, a yawn stretching his lips midway through, his nose crinkling up in such a way it causes Louis to coo and grab ahold of his cheeks, leaning in to peck the tip of Harry's nose. Harry giggles, pushing back against Louis' chest until the vampire lays his head back on the pillow, only to tangle his fingers in his shirt again. Louis smiles, his hands sliding down to wrap around Harry's waist, holding the boy firmly against him. "We're still going to talk today, right?" Harry asks quietly, his eyes shifting to face the duvet covering the bed instead of the blue eyes staring back at him.

"Yes." Louis answers just as quietly. "Whenever you're ready to begin."

"Do you mind if I run down to eat breakfast real quick before we start? I'll hurry."

"Not at all. If you want, you can just bring it up here to eat." Louis supplies, watching as Harry sends a dimpled-smile (Louis barely manages to resist poking one) and pulls the covers from his body, crawling down towards the end of the bed to climb off. Harry pauses, his hand on the doorknob, and turns back to face Louis. "Would you like me to bring you anything?"

"No, thank you though. Zayn's bringing me my breakfast."

Harry frowns at the answer, shifting on his feet. He's pretty sure he knows what Louis means by bringing breakfast. He doesn't say anything more though, simply nods and turns on his heel, unlocking the door and shoving it open, shutting it once he's in the hallway.

He walks down the stairs that are quickly becoming very familiar to him, making his way over to the kitchen, where Mary and Niall along with a few other people Harry doesn't know the name of.

"Good morning, son." Mary greets Harry with a smile, wiping her free hand across her forehead while her other is busy stirring something.

"Harry! Mornin', lad." Niall speaks, the food in his mouth becoming visible.

Harry scrunches his nose up in disgust at his best friend. "Don't speak with your mouth full, ya nasty."

"Yes, mum." Niall teases, after he swallows his mouthful, of course.

Harry rolls his eyes, dimpling. He steals a strawberry from Niall, propping up against the counter next to him.

"So how are you spending your day off today, Harry? Niall over here said he's sleeping the day away." Mary asks, turning her head briefly to face him.

"Probably the same, honestly." Harry lies, his eyes going straight to the floor.

Niall nudges him, leaning in to whisper in his ear. "Why do I not believe you?"

"Probably because I'm not telling the truth." Harry whispers back.

"I still want to meet him, you know. Like meet him officially instead of having him glaring at me from across the room."