Chapter Twenty Six

Almost 5k words :)

"Well, good morning, sunshine." Louis chirps brightly, leaning forward to press a kiss to the tip of Harry's nose, before pulling back and leaning his weight on his elbow again, a smile etched across his face. He coos when Harry blinks sleepily up at him, a lazy smile making it's way across Harry's face. 

Harry shifts, the sheets moving with his body, the hand that isn't stuck under his head balling into a fist and reaching up to rub the sleep out of his right eye. "Morning, Lou." Harry's raspy voice drawls out, letting his hand drop from his eye and stretch across the short distance to grip Louis' t-shirt. "Why are you so far away?" He asks, pouting cutely.

Louis chuckles, sliding his body forward until he's pressed up against Harry, allowing his head to drop from his head to the pillow beneath him. "Got up a few minutes ago to get a glass of water, sorry, angel."

"You left me?" Harry asks, tucking his head under Louis' chin, pressing his face as close to Louis' skin as he can possibly get.

"For literally one second," Louis replies, scrunching his nose up as one of Harry's curls tickle his nose. He huffs a laugh when the curly haired boy starts pushing against his chest, slowly rolling him until his back is touching the bed, and then Harry proceeds to climb on top of him, settling down on his chest contently. Harry sighs, his eyelids fluttering shut.

"Nah-uh. Wake up, baby boy." Louis pokes at Harry's side persistently, causing the boy to squirm on top of him. "No, don't do that." Louis whines, grabbing Harry's hips and lifting his lower half off of him. "I want to take you somewhere today and that requires us leaving this bed, and if you keep rubbing yourself on me, we aren't leaving this bed anytime soon."

"I'm okay with that plan." Harry says, propping his chin on Louis' chest to see his face, red flooding to his cheeks as his teeth sink into his lower lip.

Louis groans lowly, his hands on Harry's hips tightening. "H, I really want to take you somewhere."

"Where?"

"It's a surprise, darling." Louis smiles, easing his body into a sitting position, with Harry shifting around in his lap until he's straddling Louis, wrapping his arms around Louis' neck. "Now, up." Louis demands gently. "Soon as we're ready, we can head out. I think it'll take about an hour, hour and a half for us to get there."

"Do we have to go right now? Can't we relax a little bit longer before we get ready and go?" Harry asks, sticking his bottom lip out and fluttering his eyelashes at the vampire.

Louis smiles softly, leaning forward to peck Harry's lips, before he says, "The sooner we head out, the longer we have to be able to stay there. And I know once we get there, you're gonna want as much time as you can get, lovely."

"Where are we going?" Harry tries again, his finger absentmindedly beginning to stroke Louis' shoulder, but Louis still doesn't take the bait.

"You'll find out in about two hours. Up, up, up."

Harry sighs, but climbs out of Louis' lap. When his feet hit the floor, he stretches his arms back above his head, his back arching. "How am I supposed to know what to wear is I don't know where we're going?" Harry asks, turning around to raise one of his eyebrows at his boyfriend.

"Pick an outfit that's... casually dressy." Louis suggests, also standing up from the bed and heading over to the closet.

"Well, that's helpful." Harry snorts, lazily scratching his lower stomach, before he trails after him.

"I try," Louis throws a wink over his shoulder. A second later he's carrying an armful of clothes to the bathroom, pressing a kiss to Harry's cheek as he passes by; he doesn't even bother shutting the door.