Chapter Three

Harry wakes up the next morning on the comfiest bed he's ever slept on. He lets out a groan, burying his head further into his pillow, wanting the few extra minutes of sleep before his alarm goes off and he has to get up and start his chores for the day. That plan is changed when his pillow.. starts shaking?

Harry pulls back, dazed and confused, only to see his 'pillow' is actually Prince Louis. Which means the bed he's on is Prince Louis'. Also meaning he fell asleep in Prince Louis' room while watching movies. And because he doesn't have the alarm clock that wakes up the servants, he's probably late for chores. Harry quickly pulls back from Prince Louis, unsure of how he feels about their previous position and the fact Harry slept in his room. "I'm sorry, Sir. I didn't mean to fall asleep." Harry tells him, staring down at the silk bedspread to avoid eye contact. He wants to leave, start his chores and forget this ever happened, but he's too afraid to move, scared it'll anger the vampire.

Prince Louis frowns, not that Harry sees it. "Sir?" He asks, but Harry continues looking down. Louis releases a sigh, gently grabbing the curly haired boy's chin and forcing him to make eye contact. "Hazza, stop. We got along great yesterday, please don't go back to being scared around me."

"I'm sorry," Harry mumbles, reaching up and running his fingers through his curls, embarrassed. "Just- I don't know. Just got nervous, I guess?"

"It's alright, love. Stop apologizing to me. It's okay, I'm not mad at you for anything, I just want you to be yourself around me. I want you to be comfortable being yourself around me." Prince Louis lets his hand fall limply to the bed.

"I'm trying," Harry sighs. "It's just taking some getting used too."

"What is?" Louis asks, moving one hand to place on Harry's hip, scooting closer to the boy. Harry tenses momentarily, but quickly relaxes against the vampire, feeling his cold skin flush against his own.

"Being around you, for one." Harry explains softly. "But you're a lot nicer than I thought you'd be and I'm just having to get used to it."

"You thought I was a jerk?" Prince Louis asks, hurt evident in his blue eyes.

Harry quickly shakes his head, wanting that look to permanently disappear from the vampire's face. "Just heard a lot of stories about you, most of them not that great." He admits.

Louis releases another sigh, nodding his head. "I guess that's fair."

"What is?" Harry asks, confused. Prince Louis simply shakes his head, letting his eyelids fall closed. Harry allows himself another moment, before he begins untangling himself from the sheets and from Louis, moving to climb out of the bed. Louis grips onto his wrist, stopping him, looking up at Harry with a pout, his lower lip jutting out. "Where are you going?"

"I have to go do my chores, I'm sure I'm already late." Harry answers.

Louis shakes his head again, pulling Harry back against him despite his struggles to climb out of the bed. Vampire strength, Harry mentally scoffs. "You don't have any chores to do today, H."

"What do you mean?"

"I cleared your list so you can relax and take it easy today."

Harry recoils from the vampire, staring at him in shock. "Why would you do that?"

"To help you." Louis frowns, leaning over and nosing at Harry's cheek.

"If I don't do my chores today, I don't get paid and I need the money to help my family."

"Calm down, love." Prince Louis soothes, reaching up and gently scratching his fingers against Harry's scalp, his nose now skimming along Harry's jaw, giving him chills. "I'll make sure your family is taken care of, you deserve a day off for rest."