Chapter Seventeen

Niall's arms are wrapped around Liam's neck, his body shaking from the heartwrenching sobs leaving his mouth. 

"Baby," Liam whispers softly, repeatedly pressing kisses all over the blond's face. "I'm so sorry."

"Why would they kill her?" Niall asks, his voice shaking. "She never did anything wrong. She always did as told, when told. Never argued. She was a good person. She didn't deserve to be killed.

"The Royals, minus Louis, are horrible, wretched people." Liam sighs, shaking his head.

A knock sounds on the door, making Niall pull back in confusion, staring at the door with furrowed eyebrows.

"It's Zayn," Liam says softly, glancing down at the crying boy in his arms, unsure if letting Zayn in would be best right now.

To Liam's complete surprise, Niall moves out of his arms and heads towards the door, yanking it open. Before Zayn or Liam can say anything, Niall burrows into Zayn's chest, wrapping his arms around his neck.

Zayn stumbles back from the unexpected force, but quickly catches his balance, squeezing the Irish boy against him.

"I'm so sorry, Niall." He whispers into Niall's hair. "I just found out, and I know you and Harry were both close to her."

"Just... come inside and hug me, yeah?" Bright blue, tear filled eyes peer up at Zayn, causing the raven haired boy to smile softly and nod. He bends over slightly to lift Niall up, carrying him into the room and shutting the door behind them.

-

When Harry wakes up the next morning, his body curled up to Louis', it's to blue eyes staring at him, fingers playing with his curls.

"Good morning, gorgeous." Louis greets quietly, smiling softly.

"Morning," Harry replies, his cheeks heating up.

"How are you feeling?" Louis asks, twisting his body around so he's on his side, facing Harry.

Harry thinks about the question, before he shrugs. "I'm okay, I guess."

Louis purses his lips, looking as if he's thinking about something. After a minute, he says, "How long has it been since you've been out of this place?"

"Uh, I haven't since I started working here, so maybe four years?" Harry answers hesitantly, his eyebrows furrowed, confused as to where Louis' going with this.

"Well, I was wondering," Louis starts off. "If maybe today you'd like to get out for a little while. I mean we could just go for a walk if nothing else. Whatever you want to do."

Harry looks up at Louis, thinking it over. "Would the Queen get mad at you for taking me out?" He finally says quietly.

"Definitely," Louis shrugs. "But I don't care. You know I won't let her hurt you though, right?"

"I'm not worried about me." Harry admits. "I don't want you to get in trouble."

"Don't worry about me, love."

"I'll always worry about you, Lou. But yeah, I'd like to go out." Harry agrees.

"Okay, love, you go ahead and take your shower, and I'll take a quick one after you, then we can go. Alright?" Louis says, rubbing Harry's back, pressing a kiss to his lips, then moving to climb out of bed.

He pauses when harry speaks up.

"Will- Will you take it with me? A shower, I mean." Harry's cheeks flame, as he scratches awkwardly at the back of his neck, carefully avoiding eye contact with the vampire.