Chapter Nine

Harry practically runs down the stairs, all the way to his room, over to Niall's bed, where the blond lays. "Ni!" 

Niall hums in acknowledgement, refusing to open his eyes just yet.

"Louis said he'd love to meet you." Harry tells him. Niall's eyelids open, revealing his bright blue eyes.

"When? Now?"

"Whenever you want, I guess." Harry shrugs. Niall holds his hands out, throwing them all about until Harry grabs them and pulls him up. "Lazy arse," He teases. Niall sticks his tongue out in retaliation.

"Let's go."

Niall gestures for Harry to begin walking, following him as he goes up the stairs, into Louis' room. Louis stands up from the bed upon seeing them enter. He gestures towards the couch, already heading over to it.

Louis sits down with his back leaning against the right arm, grabbing Harry's hips and gently pulling him down beside him on the couch. Niall takes a seat, leaning his back against the other arm, while Harry situates himself, leaning his back against Louis' chest. "Hello." Louis nods once towards Niall, pressing a kiss to Harry's curls before hooking his chin over Harry's shoulder.

Niall doesn't respond, choosing instead to stare daggers at Louis, who actually shifts nervously. Harry snorts, immediately covering his mouth, his emerald eyes widening when both his best friend and soulmate turn to look at him, their eyebrows raising.

"What's so funny?" Niall demands, crossing his arms over his chest, narrowing his eyes at his best friend.

"Sorry, sorry." Harry says. "It's just kind of funny how the Prince of Vampires is afraid of my best friend."

"Your best friend is quite scary," Louis comments, leaning further back, his arms pulling Harry with him.

"Flattery will get you no where," Niall turns his glare back to Louis. He pauses, tilting his head to the side. "Actually flattery will get you everywhere, but. Anyways." Niall shakes his head. "So what are your intentions with my best friend."

Harry turns his head to face the vampire, curious of his answer. "Harry's my soulmate." Louis says simply. Harry's eyes widen in surprise, having not been expecting Louis to tell anyone else that although extremely happy he did, but Louis ignores it, his cerulean eyes trained on Niall.

Niall's eyebrows come together, confusion clear on his face. "Soul.... mate?" He sounds out the word carefully.

"Yeah." Louis nods, his hair tickling Harry's cheek. "Most humans don't know about soulmates, because most soulmates are other vampires."

Niall's gaze flickers back and forth between the duo, finally coming to a stop on Harry. "Is this a joke?"

Harry shakes his head. "It's not."

Niall studies his face, looking for any telltale signs that his best friend is lying (Harry never has been a good liar), and when he finds none, Niall is hurt. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I just found out less than an hour ago, Ni." Harry tells him softly. "Plus I wasn't sure if Louis wanted anyone to know."

"I want everyone to know." Louis whispers into Harry's ear, pressing a kiss against it before pulling back. Harry holds back a whimper, shifting closer to Louis. 

Niall smiles softly at the pair, before his eyes light up. "That's why you tried killing me with your eyes the other day, Prince!"

"Sorry about that. Got jealous." Louis at least has the decency to look embarrassed. "No more of that Prince stuff though, call me Louis."

"It's fine, it's cute actually." Niall chuckles. "Are you sure?"

"Course. Any friend of Harry's is a friend of mine, and friends don't have to call me Prince." Louis smiles at the blond.

Niall returns the smile, nodding. He stands up from the couch, stretching out his hand. Louis takes it, shaking it once. Niall's hand returns to his side, whereas Louis' returns to Harry's waist. "Well it was nice to meet you, Louis. I'm gonna go back to the room now though, it's time for a nap."

Louis chuckles, "Nice to meet you too."

Harry hesitates, before following him out to the hall. "So?" He asks quietly, aware Louis can still hear their conversation whether he wants to eavesdrop or not due to his accelerated hearing.

"I like him. He's nice, and anyone with eyes can see he really really likes you. He treats you like a king... or is it queen?" Niall teases, laughing loudly when Harry rolls his eyes. "All jokes aside, he's perfect for you. Which I guess is why you guys are soulmates. You'll have to explain that to me in more detail sometime."

"I will, Ni. See you."

Niall heads down the stairs and Harry turns around and walks back into the room, shutting and locking the door behind him. Louis' laying down on the couch now, and Harry can't round it fast enough, laying down on top of him and pressing their mouths together. Louis pulls away, his breathing slightly heavy. "What was that for? Not that I'm complaining. At all."

"Just wanted to kiss you," Harry hides his face against Louis' throat, feeling his cheeks heating up. "I think the clinginess is starting, because, like, I missed you a little and I was literally 5 feet away."

Louis lets out a laugh, his arms tightening around Harry's waist. "I missed you too, queen."

"I'm gonna kill him." Harry mutters under his breath.

"Don't kill him, I actually liked him." Louis jokes.

Harry's body goes rigid. He knows Louis doesn't mean it like that, he really does, but this whole soulmate thing is messing with him and he feels, jealous.

Louis, feeling his boy tensing up, quickly realizes his mistake and backtracks. "Hey, hey, I didn't mean it like that, darlin'. I'm sorry." He begins pressing kisses wherever he can reach until Harry calms down, which he slowly does.

Harry shakes his head. "Overreacted, sorry. Clinginess is definitely settling in."

Louis laughs, leaning in for a kiss. "It's alright, love. I've been clingy since before I even met you."

Harry smiles, letting his eyelids flutter shut. "Hey, Lou?" He calls out a few minutes later.

"Yeah?" 

"How come you're not cold to me anymore? Like your skin doesn't feel cold like it did when we first met."

"Another part of the soulmate bond. The more time I spend with you, the warmer I begin feeling to you. It's kind of like you adjusting to me. If our first kiss would have waited a bit longer, it would have took longer for me to feel warm to you. But once we kissed, it pushed it along quicker." Louis explains. "Does that make sense?"

"I think so, yeah." Harry nods. "So you only feel warm to me? Like if you touched another human, your skin would be cold to them?"

"Freezing," Louis agrees.

"Good," Harry smiles, nosing along Louis' jawline.

Louis' laugh echoes throughout the room.

These nicknamesss, I think darling is probably my favorite
Vote and comment (:
Twitter; clumsyxhes
Instagram: toplinson_haz
Tumblr: larrylashtonmalum