Chapter Twelve

Double update bc I felt bad about how short the last chapter was lmao 

Before Harry even fully comes too, he hears light murmuring. Two different voices speaking. He can't make out who they are, all he knows is one of them, the one that sounds right next to him, makes him feel calm, safe. Harry's cheek is laying on something warm. He keeps feeling gentle scratching against his scalp. 

As he regains his senses, Harry makes out an unknown voice say, "I think he's waking up now, Lou."

Lou. Louis. The scratching stops as his eyes blink open. Though his throat is dry, he manages to rasp out, "don't stop" and nudges his head against the hand for clarification.

He hears Louis chuckle, feels a soft kiss being pressed into his forehead. The unidentifiable person speaks again, though Harry isn't able to see him in anywhere in his line of vision. "I'll just leave you two to it. Glad you're awake, Harry."

Harry tries lifting his head off of Louis' chest to see the person, but he doesn't have the strength. "See you later, Liam. Thanks for helping." Louis speaks softly.

"No problem." The person Louis called Liam says. The door shuts quietly behind him seconds later.

"Lou," Harry croaks out, his fingers loosely gripping hold of his vampire's jacket.

"Yes, sweetheart?" Louis replies, his nose pressing against his boy's hair, taking a deep breath as his eyes fall closed.

"Do you have any water? My throat's dry."

Louis quickly pulls back without moving Harry, his hands coming to cover Harry's ears as he says loudly, "Liam, come back!" He uncovers Harry's ears once he's finished and tells him, "There's no way in hell I'm leaving you alone anytime, well probably ever, so I'm gonna get him to get you a glass of water."

"If he doesn't mind." Harry murmurs.

Louis rolls his eyes fondly, a smile stretching across his lips as his bedroom door reopens. "Yes?" Liam asks, sticking his head in.

"Get Harry some water." Louis demands, hearing Harry make a displeased sound. He releases a sigh, correcting his order. "Get Harry some water please." 

Liam lets out a laugh. "Of course. Anything else you want, Harry? Maybe something to eat?"

Harry thinks for a minute, then rasps out a 'No thank you.'

"Are you sure, my love?" Louis asks. "You need to eat in order to get some strength back."

"I know," Harry says. "I will, just not at this exact moment."

Louis sighs, then the door closes again. "You will eat later." The vampire tells him, narrowing his eyes towards the top of the boy's head.

"I know."

Silence follows Harry's statement, stretching on until Liam rejoins them, carrying a glass of water. He walks over to stand in front of the pair, and for the first time, Harry can see his face and- woah, he's actually hot. Not as hot as Louis, but still. "Here you go," Liam holds the glass out for Louis, and Louis, after carefully maneuvering the two of them into a sitting position, takes it from him. "I got a straw as well, incase Harry would rather use it."

"Thank you," Harry says, returning the kind smile Liam sends his way. Louis takes the straw from Liam, opens it up and sticks it in the water, then holds the glass near Harry's mouth. Harry latches onto the end of the straw, gulping down mouthfuls of water. He downs half the glass before he lets go, returning his head to Louis' chest. Louis sets the glass on the bedside table, then returns back to their previous positions, resumes running his fingers through the curls.