Chapter Twenty Five

"I'm not doing that!" Louis exclaims, pushing himself out of the chair. 

"Louis, sit back down please." The Queen calmly demands, her voice having a steely edge to it, pointing one thin finger at the chair Louis just vacated.

Louis pointedly ignores her, choosing to remain standing, crossing his arms over his chest.

The Queen closes her dark eyes and breathes in deeply through her nose. When she releases the air, her eyes open, instantly landing on Louis. "Sweetheart-" She tries, only to be cut off.

"Don't call me that."

"Louis," She corrects herself, her jaw clenching just the tiniest bit, unnoticeable to a human eye. But Louis isn't human. "You have to do this."

"I don't have to do anything." Louis retorts, his eyes narrowing. "I'll do what I want, and what I want is Harry. You're not going to change that. If you really cared about me like you keep trying to play off like you do, you wouldn't care about who I'm with, as long as they make me happy."

"Of course I care that you're happy, but honey, he's human! He doesn't deserve yo-"

The Prince cuts her off for the second, this time unable to keep his voice down. "Don't you dare even finish that sentence!" He shouts, power and anger laced in his voice. "You don't even know him! How could you possibly know he doesn't deserve me? Hell, if either one of us doesn't deserve the other, it's me! I'm the one that doesn't deserve him!"

The Queen seethes with anger at this point, from what she views as unnecessary, purposeful disrespect. A deep, feminine growl echoes throughout the room, her eyes flashing red, her nostrils flaring. "Stop cutting me off, and stop defending this boy! You seem to be forgetting your place, and that is not yet King. And if you continue on with this boy, you won't be."

"Fine with me. Keep the fucking crown, I don't want it." That being said, Louis turns to the door and storms out of the room.

"Think about what you're doing, all for some human! Think about how disappointed your father would be if he was here to see what you're doing." The Queen shouts after him.

He doesn't even turn around or pause his movements in the slightest when he yells back, "The only thing he'd be disappointed about is the fact that he didn't do the same."

-

Louis storms across the palace, his ears attuned to Harry's heartbeat, hearing the air rushing in and out of his lings. He follows those sounds all the way to the ballroom, where he pauses in the door way, his eyes zeroing in on where Harry is helping a few other servants hang up lights.

Everyone is quick to take notice of not only a vampire, but the Prince near them, the noise in the large room quickly draining to absolute silence, everyone's eyes locked on the tensed frame of him. Especially Harry's.

The anger is clearly written on Louis, anyone can see it, and Harry isn't quite sure what to do to calm him down. He doesn't think he's ever seen him this angry. He wonders what happened, but he's pretty sure it has to do with the Queen and the thing Louis said he wanted to talk to her about.

Louis' gaze doesn't steer away from Harry as he shouts out, his voice ringing in the room. "Everybody out. Now!"

All the people in the room rush to follow the order, nearly tripping over themselves in effort to evacuate the room as quick as they can. Harry stays, occasionally getting knocked to the side, and everyone around him gives him confused or worried looks. He doesn't pay attention to them though, and when the last person is out of the room, Louis marches over to Harry, pulling him into a bruising kiss before the curly haired boy has a chance to so much as say hey.