Chapter Six

But Louis doesn't try to talk to him the next day, or even the next. Harry goes about his days like he usually did before he met Louis, only a bit more sad than normal. 

On his third day of radio silent Louis, he's heading to his room, when he's stopped by a hand around his wrist. A cold hand. 

Before he even realizes what he's doing, Harry turns around and throws his arms around Louis' neck, hugging him. "Louis!" 

"Hello gorgeous." Louis replies, a smile coming on his face. He leans down to press a kiss on Harry's jaw, and pulls back. "Would you come up to my room with me? Please?" He adds in a pout, widening his eyes and blinking his lashes innocently. As if Harry was going to say no. 

"Lead the way." Harry replies, gesturing for Louis to go first. But instead Louis throws Harry (gently) over his shoulder and races up the stairs. 

Once they stop and Louis sets Harry on his feet, Harry lets out a groan, closing his eyes and laying his head against Louis' chest, trying not to get sick. 

"Sorry, love." Louis apologizes, placing a kiss atop the boy's curls. "You alright?" 

"Fine," Harry responds once the queasiness passes, pulling back. "Why is your room so dark?" Harry frowns, squinting his eyes and looking around the room. Once his eyes adjust to the darkness, he lets out a gasp, covering his mouth. "What is this for, Louis?" 

Louis sheepishly rubs the back of his neck. "My way of apologizing," Louis answers. 

Louis has moved the couch completely out of the room. In its place, sits a table piled high with various food. There's a bouquet of roses in the center of the table, and about five unlit candles around them. A trail of candles, already lit, make a square around the table, forming a heart at one corner.

Louis grabs Harry's hand, intertwining their fingers, and leads him to the table

Louis grabs Harry's hand, intertwining their fingers, and leads him to the table. He lets go of Harry's hand and pulls out the chair for him to sit in, then walks around to the chair on the other side of the table and sits down in it. He pulls a lighter out of nowhere and lights all of the candles on the table, creating a warm and romantic glow over the two. Then he sets the lighter off to the side and stretches his hand across the table, palm facing up. Harry takes it with a smile and a blush. 

And then Harry remembers what Louis just said. "Way of apologizing? Apologizing for what?" 

"For what you saw the other day." 

"There's nothing to apologize for." Harry replies, gazing sincerely across the table to Louis. 

"But there is, love. I scared you." Louis speaks softly, eyes showing regret. 

"It's-" 

"Please don't say 'it's okay'. I scared you, H. That isn't okay." He lets out a sigh. "I never meant for you to see me like that. Not yet at least."