Double the Surprise

8 months later

I've been so sad and heart broken. My belly grows with each passing day and my hope has died. Killian won't be coming back for me and knowing that I have to raise our baby without him is killing me. The only good thing about this is that my Aqua isn't alone she has Killian.

I'm sitting by the shore and I'm caressing my belly. Every day I sit here and stare at the horizon. I know he's never coming back but being here reminds me so much of my love, my Killian, my prince. I try to get up and that's when I feel a sharp pain in my lower back.

"There you are Emma," I over hear Shane say as I get up. I start to groan. "Emma are you ok?" I shake my head. That's when the pain intensifies. "Shane, the baby it's coming." He gasps and picks me up. He then rushes back into the village and takes me to my room. I am dying from the pain. Oh God, it hurt more than when I had Aqua.

I'm laying on the bed and I'm screaming. That's when one of the mid wifes from the village comes and starts to check me. She whispers to Shane and he nods. "Emma you're in labor, the baby is coming today." I sigh and start to cry. I wanted Killian at my side, I wanted my baby to be born in my home and not here.

Shane comes and tries to comfort me. "I'm sorry Shane I just..." He nods. "I understand." That's when I get an urge to push. The mid wife says something that I don't understand and Shane nods. "When you feel the next contraction push." I nod. Minutes pass by and I feel the next contraction then I start to push. I scream and then I felt relieved. I hear a baby cry and the mid wife shows me the baby. I smile.

Shane walks over to the baby and smiles. "It's a boy Emma." I start to cry. I have a little boy. That's when I feel pain again. "Oh God Shane, it hurts," I say and he gasps. "Where Emma?" I point to my belly and he touches it then gasps. He says something to the mid wife and she gasps. She hands the baby to Shane and starts to check me. She gasps and tells some stuff to Shane. "What is she saying?" He smiles. "You have another baby in there Emma." I gasp. "What?"

That's when I feel another contraction. "Push Emma," he says and I push. That's when I felt a huge relief. I laid back and I hear a cry. I had twins, I can't believe I had twins. Shane looks down at the baby and smiles. "It's a girl Emma." I smile. "Really?" He nods. "Congratulations," he says and kisses my forehead. I smile.

The mid wife cleans the baby girl and hands her to me. I smile as I see her. Then Shane puts the baby boy next to me. "Emma they are beautiful." I smile. "Look your boy has blue eyes." I smile. I look down at my little girl and she opened her eyes and her eyes are green. I smiled then I started to cry. Shane dismisses the mid wife and she leaves.

"Don't worry Emma, here your kids will be safe." I nod. "You promise?" He nods. "I mean they are my niece and nephew." I smile. "Well to us but to the rest of the village they're your kids." He nods. "Only for their protection, they will be considered my kids." I nod. "Thank you Shane." He nods. I sigh. "I never thought I was going to raise my baby alone, I don't know how I'm going to do it now that I have two."

He sits down next to me as he rocks my baby boy. "I will help you raise the twins Emma, you will never be alone." I smile. "Really?" He nods and kisses my forehead. "Now how will you name your children?" I smile. "You're holding baby Liam." He smiles. "And I'm holding baby Leía." He smiles. "Beautiful names." I smile. "Welcome to this world baby Leía and Liam," Shane says and I nod.

Yes welcome to a world where you're father isn't in the picture......