A New Ruler

I've been going crazy trying to find ways to get back to Emma. I miss her terribly and so does my little Aqua. Every night she asks for her. She misses both of us tucking her in at night. It pains me, and I hope to God that I don't have to tell her that her mom is never coming home.

I'm sitting in my study going over some maps, when Aqua comes running in. "Daddy, daddy I want mommy." She jumps up to me and I sigh. "She will be back soon my love." She sighs. "You love mommy?" I nod. "Of course I love mommy and you." She smiles. Why was she acting like this? That's when I see my mother and father in law at the door.

I smile. "Welcome." They both smile. "I don't want a new mommy," Aqua yells at Snow then runs away. "I'll go get her" David says and I gave her a weird look. "A new mommy?" She sighs. "Killian, I know it pains me to have to do this but we must think of the future of this kingdom." I nod. "What's going on?" She sighs. "I do believe that my daughter is out there but your kingdom in order for it to remain the most powerful there must be two leaders." I nod.

"I gladly accept." She smiles. "Really?" "Of course that way I can go sailing to find Emma without feeling guilty." She sighs. "That's not what I meant." I gave her a weird look. "I thought you and David wanted to take over as king and Queen." She smiles. "No what I meant is that we found you a new suitor." I gasp.

"What?" She nods. "You forgot about your daughter that easily?" She sighs. "No it's not that, but the kingdom is suffering, war is upon us." I nod. "And in order for our kingdom to remain great we need you to be with a woman, to have a queen." I chuckle. "I am with a woman and her name is Emma." She sighs. "Killian this wasn't an easy decision for us." I scoff.

"I'm sorry Snow but if you'll excuse me I'm going to go back to doing important things like finding a way back to Emma." She sighs. "Killian, please." I start to get upset. "With all due respect Snow but I will not be with another woman and that's final." I then walk out of my study leaving Snow in there. I went to go look for Aqua.

I find her crying in Davids arms. "Emma will still be your mommy sweetie." She shakes her head. "I no want Elsa." I scoff. That's when Aqua looks at me and puts her hands towards me so I can grab her. "You heard?" I nod. "I don't know who this Elsa is but I will not be with her and that's Final!" He sighs. "Killian..." I shake my head.

"You have to listen to me Killian, you may not want to marry her but the kingdom needs to know that there is a queen amongst us." I scoff. "Emma is the rightful queen." He sighs. "Please Killian." I sigh. "At Least meet her." Aqua had her face buried in my neck and I could her small sobs.

"Fine." He smiles. We then make our way to the throne room. I walked in and I see her. "No Elsa, I want mommy," Aqua fusses again then one of the maids comes and takes Aqua away. "Your majesty it's an honor," she says and bows to me. "Don't bow," I say and she nods. "Well Killian meet Elsa of Arendelle," David says and I nod.

"Nice to meet you." She nods. "Elsa is queen of her land too but if you to unite our kingdoms will be all that much powerful." I scoff. "So Elsa, what's in it for you?" She gives me a weird look. "You want power, more money, more status, what is it?" She shakes her head.

"Nothing like that Killian, it's just, well now more than ever our kingdoms need to be fortified because war is coming." I nod. "I'm well aware of that but what made you choose our kingdom?" She sighs. "Enough with the questions Killian," David says with an annoyed look. I nod.

"My apologies," I say and she nods. "It's ok, it's going to be weird us being together and I'm sorry for the loss of your wife." My blood began to boil. "She's not dead, she's just lost." She gasps. "I'm sorry, David said..." I give David a death glare. "Killian you know Emma is gone, you, Robin and Regina were barely able to get out and come home." I scoff.

"That is why this union will become effective immediately." I gasp. "What?" "I as king can unite you two." I gasp. "David...." He sighs. "Killian your duty is to your people, I know you love Emma and you miss her but we must make sacrifices for our kingdom." I sigh.

That's when David grabs Elsa's hands and mine and puts them together. 5 minutes passed and I was united with Elsa. I never thought I was going to have to basically marry another woman. Life was being cruel to me once again. "Killian go escort your new wife to your room." I nod.

I grabbed Elsa's hand and escorted her to another room. We get to the room and I escort her in. "Killian I know this is hard but I hope we can get along." I sigh. "Look only in the eyes of the people we will be together but here we can't be together." She nods. "I understand." I nod.

"This room is the third biggest, if you want you could have it redecorated." She nods. "It's nice." I nod. "I will have a maid be with you shortly and then tomorrow I will let you know of your duties." She nods. "Thanks Killian." I nod and closed the door. Oh God what the hell did I just do?

I walked back to my study and sat down. I look at the desk and instead of seeing the maps, I see battle plans and casualties from the last war. I sigh. I put them aside and went back to the maps. Finding Emma is the most important thing here, so that's what I will do. I will get her back, because Emma is the rightful ruler and not Elsa of Arendelle.