"Ashton," I breathed as I reached him. Ashton turned towards me with a faint smile.

"Hey, baby-cake," He said, slinging an arm around my shoulders. I threw my arms around his waist and pressed my face into his shoulder. "Hey, hey, hey; Charlie, what's wrong?"

"Father," I replied into his shoulder. Ashton stiffened and grabbed my hand. He knew what had to happen. Ashton and I pushed through the crowd of people to his mother's office, since she's the guidance counselor. Annalise looked up from her paperwork as Ashton closed the door behind us.

"Ash, Charlie. Is everything alright?" Annalise asked as we sat across from her. I swallowed tightly as I looked at her.

"Martin found out about the acceptance letters." I mumbled. Annalise pulled her chair over to the two of us and took my hands in hers. She knew how badly I wanted to leave this town and everything in it behind, with a few exceptions.

"How did he take it?" Annalise asked.

"He slapped me and cut the corner of my mouth. Then he threw me up against a wall and called me names and said that he'd make sure I'll die like my mother." I mumbled as Ashton wrapped his arms around me. "He didn't know I heard him say this, Anna, but while he was in my room, he said some things."

"What did he say, Charlotte?" Annalise asked in a motherly voice.

"After he found the letters, he said that he'd drain my funds and find one of his suppliers to knock me up." I said in a shaky voice.

"Who did he say that to?"

"He told his buyers, Anna. He told that to two stoned buyers." I said softly. Annalise stayed quiet. She knew how I felt about DSS and the Police. I refused to call either of them unless he beat me so bad I was half dead. He hasn't done that yet.

"Do you want to call DSS?" Anna asked. "I'm not asking as your guidance counselor, Charlie. I'm asking as your friend."

"I want to give him a few days to see if he'll really follow through. If he does, then I want to call DSS and the Police." I said. Anna nodded. The three of us talked for a little longer before she sent us to class.

*

*

*

The rest of the school day went by in a blur. I managed to avoid the topic of Father with Daniel and Mary. They didn't need to get involved. Neither did Ashton, but he was bullheaded and never listened.

I was sitting in the Weston driveway with shaking hands. I've never been more nervous in my life to go into their house. I turned off my car and walked up to the door, knocking on it twice before Bridget Weston threw the door open.

"Charlotte Moore!" She exclaimed, gathering me in her arms. I hugged her back as Clara and Daniel moved into the front hall. "I'm so glad you came."

"Me too," I murmured as she pulled away. Bridget stepped back and let me in and Clara embraced me next. Alexander came up and pushed his own son out of the way to hug me.

"Little Charlie! It's so good to see you." Alexander said happily, making me smile. "Daniel tells me that you've stolen his heart."

"Dad," Daniel complained as Alexander set me down. I laughed and rested my arm over Clara's shoulder.

"Well, am I not telling her the truth? You invited Peyton over Monday and dumped her right in front of me, handing her a box full of her things. Charlie is a huge step up from that girl." Alexander commented. Daniel looked at me as my cheeks burned. He never told me that he and Peyton broke up.

"Alex, Clara, I need your help with dinner." Bridget called from the kitchen. As Alex and Clara left, Daniel came over and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Why did you break up with Peyton?" I whispered as I kept my eyes on his chest. I wasn't that much shorter than Daniel. He's 6'1" and I'm 5'4". Daniel sighed as he pressed his nose to my hair.

"Because I don't care for her like I do for you, Charlotte." Daniel admitted quietly. "You're it for me Charlie."

"How," I asked after a long silence. "How do you know that?" Daniel took my hand and pressed it over his heart.

"Because I can feel that we're meant to be." He mumbled. I rolled my eyes and pulled out of his arms. Daniel pouted, making me giggle. He told me this was my safe place, and that I could be happy here, so I would be happy here. "Come back here." He mumbled, reaching out for me.

"I'm going to be a good guest and go help your mother." I said as I walked toward the kitchen. Daniel rushed up behind me and scooped me up bridal style. I swatted his arms as Daniel carried me into the living room. "Daniel!" I protested.

"Mom had dad and Clara with her for a reason, Charlie. You are going to stay here with me and relax." Daniel said as we sat on the couch. I cuddled with this man for a few minutes as I began to think. Father would find out about Daniel and hurt him. But I couldn't stay away from him either.

"Daniel, I need to tell you something." I mumbled. Daniel stared at me intently as I gathered the courage to say what I had to say. "Father found out about my acceptance letters to college. I planned on graduating early and running away from this godforsaken town. He threatened me, Danny." I mumbled. Daniel pulled me into his lap and stroked my hair softly. "I don't know how long the two of us can be together; because I know he'll find out I'm seeing you again."

Daniel pressed his lips to my hair. "I won't let him hurt you, or myself, baby."

*

*

*

*

*

Hello lovelies!

New update, gonna be a 2-parter!

How are your weeks? Good? I hope so! I've had a pretty okay week myself, but I've felt pretty achy. Mainly from track.

I will update TGITMS soon.

Lots of Love,

DoctorWho