Chapter 50: Message sent

Talya

"Ugh. Grabe iyong summer vacation ko, puno ng putik, animals' feces, you name it. It's worst than a nightmare!" Era exclaimed exasperatedly.

We laughed, amused at her attitude. She might be cacophobic and sassy, but she's a good chum, really.

I didn't know her mother would be that cool to send her to their province to experience the life there as a consequence of their deal. And guess what? Sila na ni Francis. She confessed before the school year ended. Hahaha.

"I really really love your mum! Please tell her that," Aizy told her with matching exaggerated grin on her face.

"Ha-Ha. Funny," Era mocked, making face.

Few months had passed, and we're about to begin another school year. It's our last year in college. Thankfully...

"So, kamusta na kayo ni Kismet, getting stronger?" Grace teased, poking me on the side.

I writhed, slapping her hand away.

"Super stronger," mariin na sagot ko sabay ngiti nang kay tamis.

"WOAH. Obviously... I can see it in your eyes," Era commented, "Around of applause for you," she added, clapping literally.

"Ilang months?" biglang tanong ni Cristy. Mababakas mo rin sa boses nito ang saya para sa akin kahit hindi man niya aminin.

"Five months, nung nakaraang araw lang," sagot ko.

"That's almost half a year, Tals. Stay head over heels with each other," squealed Era. "And I'll make sure that I and Francis will stay even more in love with each other always and forever," she assured dreamily.

"Says the girl who despised Francis before to the moon and back," Cristy commented, glancing on her way.

"As the saying goes, the more you hate the more you love," giit pa ni Era sabay flipped ng kanyang hair.

"I told you, she'll give in," Aizy said, grinning slyly. "So, where's our price ha? I and Talya won the bet."

"What bet?" Asked Era, brows furrowed in wary.

Ooops!

I slowly got up to leave but stopped on my track when Era gave me a dagger look.

"And where do you think you are going?" she calmly asked. The three didn't say a word nor move.

"Um, heading to the comfort room!" I replied briskly before storming out of the cafeteria.

"She initiated the bet!" said Cristy, Aizy and Grace.

Ilaglag ba naman ako?! Is that what friends are for? No, right? Tsk.

"Hey! Come back here!" She shouted from behind. But I didn't look back.