Chapter 43

Chapter 43
Edit: 1-07/5

Song of the chapter is Do are mi by Blackbear

-----❁❀❊❀❁-----

"What now?" Lilah asked.

I don't know. Any ideas?

"Nope."

I'm going to talk to Crawford.

"Make things right so we can go home."

Not happening. With that, I shut off the link with my wolf and contacted my mate.

Crawford?

"Evangeline! Thank god you're okay. Why are you in Northern Ireland?"

I'm fine. I just need time. Please don't come for me. Don't send anyone.

"You're being ridiculous!"

I swear Crawford I won't talk to you again.

"Promise me you'll come back to me."

I will. Eventually.

"Promise me!"

I'll come back to you.

"Please, Evangeline. My love, my queen, I can't lose you."

And you won't.

"Please."

I'll see you soon.

I walked through the streets of a busy city. It was beautiful.

I was completely lost.

I walked into some little shops for a few hours, until the sun started to set and I looked for a hotel or an inn. Some place that I could stay. But I didn't have money, meaning I had to find one owned by a werewolf. Hopefully, one that I could pay later on too.

I roamed the streets when I started feeling a sudden wave of fatigue hit me, just like last time.

I fell to the ground, but my eyes opened not a moment later and I was back into the familiar white room.

In front of Saffron.

"Hello, Evangeline."

"Saffron, did you know?"

"I did. I've been watching over you since you were born. But it's not my place to tell you your future or explain your problems. I just needed to contact you. You are progressing. You're definitely becoming more powerful. I had to remind you that in the next few days, these tests will become more intense, more extreme. But I know you can push through it. You were born a goddess. Remember that."

With that, my eyes closed unwillingly and then opened again and I was lying in the streets of Ireland.

A sudden wind caused bushes to move and I looked around until I was enveloped in a distinct smell.

A vampire.

An arm wrapped around my waist and a wet rag shoved into my mouth.

Chloroform.

"After he's done with you, you're gonna wish you died in that cell weeks ago."

I fell to the ground and the next time my eyes opened, I was in a dark closed off room.

"Hello?!" I called out.

"Nice to see you again," the familiar voice said, coming out of the shadow in the far corner of the room.

"Aaron?" He walked towards me. "I thought you were dead?"

"And who told you that, sweetheart?"

"My mate."

"Huh, trouble in paradise?" He chuckled when he saw my expression.

"It's really none of your business."

He put his hands up in surrender. "Well it's not like it would matter anyways, right? I've got you back and there is no escaping now."

"First things first, we have to take off that awful mark of yours." He pointed to where my neck and shoulder met.

I backed up all the while Lilah was whimpering in fear.

"Please! I'll do anything. Just don't get rid of the mark. Anything. I swear."

"Oh well let me think about it since you asked politely." He tapped his chin with his index finger, faking thought. "How about...No!"

Before I could do anything more, Aaron was behind me in a flash and piercing my skin with his fangs.

I fell to the ground.

He ripped a whole part of my skin off of my neck and then called out. "Mary, fix up her shoulder. Her healing won't work for a while."

A nurse walked in and bandaged my shoulder up.

Crawford and I would have to completely start over the mating process.

Since the mate bond had made me stronger, getting rid of it made me weaker. For a while, I would be deprived of my healing, spread, and strength.

I fell out of consciousness.

------
Question of the chapter:

Favourite swear word? Put a * to not have it deleted.

I swear in french...cuz I'm french. The thing I say the most is prob sacré bleu.

It mean like seriously!? Or really!?

I honestly don't swear much and when I do it's in french so it doesn't really mean anything.

Laurenxx