Chapter 17

Chapter 17
Edit: 1-06/26

Song of the Chapter is Missing You by All Time Low

-----❁❀❊❀❁-----

The first time I was brought back to reality was when PJ came barging into my room.

"Evangeline!" He ran to me. "What's wrong? What happened? I came as soon as I saw how dreary it is outside," he went on. "Are you okay? Talk to me!"

"Ca-can you j-just leave?"

"No, what happened?"

"I'm fine, just tired, please just leave me, PJ," I pressed.

He nodded with a small, sad smile. "Text me if you need anything." He left.

The next few days were more of a blur.

I couldn't get up or move much. Although Lilah was blocking me out, it wasn't to side, so I knew it was her that was doing it to me. I could feel her restricting me physically and even emotionally, stopping me from crying, screaming or moving.

After 2 days, Lilah came back and talked to me. "Evangeline, don't worry, but something is wrong."

I know. It's the reason why we haven't moved in days.

"No. Not that. That was me stopping you."

Was? I still can't move! I just want to go take a hot bath and cry for hours! But I've been here in the same clothes, no food or water for days! Because of you!

"I'm sorry for doing that, but the only thing linking Crawford and you is his wolf and me, it hurts me way more than it does you."

Sorry. I forgot that. But what do you mean something is wrong now?

"We can't move and it's not me doing it."

It's not?!

"Haven't you felt any weirder the past two days?"

I thought about it for a minute. Just really tired and like as if the air is really heavy, it's been harder to breathe, but I thought that might have been because you blocked me.

"That wasn't because of me. Something is wrong. The only way I can think of to get help is by using the mate bond."

You mean..

"Crawford."

***CRAWFORD POV***

2 days after my encounter with  Evangeline, everything was still the same. I stayed in my office working, but not even getting anything accomplished. I could remember rereading the same sentences over about a million times before comprehending half of it.

Nothing was getting done.

I hadn't seen anyone or talked to anyone since Evangeline. I knew that if I even just left my office, Alex would take over and hunt her down. He was hard to put at ease, always bothering me with questions.

He was getting restless without being let out to roam freely or to touch his mate, be near her. I was forced to push him as far back as possible in my head, but that would result in killer headaches. Later they would become more as pounding migraines and I had to let him back in. There was no escape.

I continued looking through old files, keeping busy when Alex started whimpering.

What's wrong?

"Something is wrong with Lilah and Evangeline.

Lilah?

"Evangeline's wolf. I can feel her calling out to me, in pain. She's in trouble."

She just wants attention.

"No! Can't you just listen for once? Something is seriously wrong and we have to go."

You don't know that for sure.

"If you don't start moving now, I'm going to take over."

We aren't going!

"Okay, but you asked for it, Crawford."

I was easily pushed back into a black void of nothing, Alex took over.

***ALEX POV***

Walking in human form wasn't working, so I quickly pulled off my jeans and t-shirt, shifting into my rightful form, a wolf. I grabbed the clothes in my mouth, I didn't want to have an overwhelmed mate because of my nudity, even though in the wolf community we were open a lot of the time with it.

I ran fast down the stairs and through halls. Everyone I passed moved out of my way, clearly knowing I was their alpha and had a reason to shift in the castle.

The first place I checked and the most likely to contain my mate was her bedroom. I barged in through the door, the scent was very strong from in there.

I walked in to find her lying on her bed, motionless. Her eyes were open and she was breathing heavily.

"What happened to her?" Crawford broke through the barrier in our head.

I don't know.

"I'm taking over, Alex, I have to find out what's wrong."

Next thing I knew, he had taken over and we were shifting back into our human form.

Crawford hurriedly slipped on his jeans, forgetting about the shirt and rushed over to our mate.

-------
Question of the chapter:

Dream vacation?

Mine is France. I tracked my ancestors to France, I guess a lot of people would too, but still.

Laurenxx