Chapter 42

Chapter 42
Edit: 07/5

Song of the chapter is Cigarette Daydream by Cage The Elephant

-----❁❀❊❀❁-----

***CRAWFORD POV***

"Congrats Evie," Gabe came up to greet his sister and I with Eden by his side. Eden hugged me first as the siblings hugged and then turned to shake Gabe's hand as the girls hugged.

Gabe's face noticeably filled with worry and Evangeline tensed.

"What's wrong?" She asked him. I could practically feel her anxiousness.

"I need to talk to you. It could wait till tomorrow but I don't want it to." He said seriously. "Can I talk to you alone for a minute?" I knew that he wouldn't ask my mate to leave to speak elsewhere unless is was really important.

Evangeline nodded and walked off with him.

"I had to tell you before they came to talk to you. They're here tonight." Gabe told her and I decided to cut out of their conversation. It wasn't any of my business and if Evangeline wanted, I would be more than happy to listen to her speak later on.

"Sorry, Eden, but I should go greet some more guests, I'll catch up with you later."

"Okay," she smiled and walked in another direction.

I went over to a good friend of mine, Alpha Griffin. We met at an alpha boot camp at 15 years old.

As we started catching up, Gabe ran to me.

"Did you see where, Evie, went?"

"She was just with you, how could you lose her?"

"She ran off."

"Excuse us, Griffin." I turned to him for a second before pulling Gabe off to the side.

"She ran off?"

"I told her about her parents, and me."

"Why would you do that?"

"I met Eden's parents and they remembered me. They told me they were planning on telling her she's their daughter. I wanted to tell her first so that she wouldn't get mad later."

I shook my head and gripped at the end of my hair.

"Love? Where are you? I can't find you." I mind linked her.

"Did you know Gabe isn't my real brother?"

"What?"

"Did you know Crawford?!" She screamed.

"Yeah. Yes. Look I'm really sor-" She cut me off

"Just stop!"

"Come on Evangeline, you can't act like you suddenly don't care. Like everything, we've had. Everything we've done. Think of last night. Let's move past this one mista-"

She cut off the mind link.

"Guards! Go and find Evangeline," I ran out of the castle and shifted into my wolf.

After a few hours of searching the forest and city, she still wasn't found.

"Crawford! Come to your office." PJ's voice rang in my head.

"On my way." I ran up the countless flights of stairs and found PJ in front of my computer. Normally I would have been upset, but he actually found a lead.

"What did you find?"

"There was a ship scheduled to part around the time Gabe and Evangeline talked, 8 pm."

"Who's the captain?"

"Captain Melmolo. He's leading the crew along with his mate Annabelle Melmolo and their son Keegan Melmolo."

"Thank you." He nodded once.

"Captain Melmolo, Annabelle, and Keegan?"

"Yes Alpha?" They all answered in unison.

"Is there a girl on your ship? Brown hair, brown eyes and wearing a blue ball gown?" No answer. "I'm your Alpha and King, answer me!" I raised my Alpha tone.

"She's here," Annabelle answered.

"And where are you headed?" I used my Alpha tone again. I know it was rude but my relationship with my mate was on the line.

"Northern Ireland." All 3 voices rang at the same time.

"Thank you."

I returned my focus back onto Evangeline. She must have felt the mate bond or something because right as I was about to try and contact her, her voice came into my mind.

"Crawford?"

"Evangeline! Thank god you're okay. Why are you in Northern Ireland?"

I'm fine. I just need time. Please don't come for me. Don't send anyone.

"You're being ridiculous!"

"I swear Crawford I won't talk to you again." Shit! I knew my mate and I knew her stubbornness. For goodness sake, she almost went into a coma trying to avoid me in the castle a few weeks earlier.

"Promise me you'll come back to me." I pleaded. I needed her.

"I will. Eventually."

"Promise me!" I wouldn't know the first thing about living without her.

"I'll come back to you."

"Please, Evangeline. My love, my queen, I can't lose you."

"And you won't."

"Please."

"I'll see you soon."

She cut off the link. For the final time for a while.

------
Question of the chapter:

Favourite condiment?

Ketchup.

Sorry u ran out of questions, but I did warn y'all that I was random sooo....

Laurenxx