Chapter 41

Chapter 41
Edit: 1-07/5

Song of the chapter is The Truth by James Arthur

-----❁❀❊❀❁-----

"Love? Where are you? I can't find you." Crawford's voice came to mind, literally.

"Did you know Gabe isn't my real brother?"

"What?"

"Did you know Crawford?!"

"Yeah. Yes. Look I'm really sor-"

"Just stop!"

"Come on Evangeline, you can't act like you suddenly don't care. Like everything, we've had. Everything we've done. Think of last night. Let's move past this one mista-"

I cut off the mind link.

He had the nerve, my own mate, a man that told me he loved me didn't even bother telling me my family wasn't actually my real family.

It was too late, the boat left and I was on my way to who knows where.

I was crouched down against the side of the rusty ship, still in my ball gown and heels.

The freezing wind nipped at my skin and I could feel Lilah whimpering.

Some workmen were walking around the boat, all werewolves from the royal pack, I could tell.

"This area is cleared!" A young man yelled out while pointing his flashlight to a specific area across from me.

I could smell his scent getting stronger, he was soon right on the other side of the crates that I was hiding behind.

"I can smell you, you know?" He said.

I was caught.

But I didn't move.

"Hello?" He walked around the crates until he was right in front of me and he shunned his flashlight right in my eyes.

"Miss, why are you on the ship?" He put the flashlight down and reached his hand out to pull me up, which I gladly accepted.

I then noticed a little boy he was carrying on his hip, he looked 1, maybe 2 and very similar to the guy.

Once I was standing up and my gown was dusted off, I looked at the man.

He didn't look much older than me, maybe in his early 20's.