Chapter 19

Chapter 19
Edit: 1-6/22

Song of the chapter is Swim Good by Frank Ocean

-----❁❀❊❀❁-----

***PJ POV***

"Sorry, Evangeline. I gotta go, I have a meeting with Crawford."

"It's okay. I'll see you later." She gave me a small smile, which I returned.

I grabbed our plates from lunch while standing up and walked towards the kitchen.

We had been talking for hours and you don't know how hard it was to not point out how fake her smile was.

Since she would be the next Luna and I was the beta, I knew it would be important to get along well, just like I do with the alpha, so we were just getting to know each other. 

Although at some points when she was talking, I wasn't really paying attention. I do feel guilty for it, but I was reading her mind instead. I could tell in her expression that she wasn't happy, she needed help and she was trying to hide it.

To know how to help her, I had to know a bit about what happened. And I didn't have a meeting, I just really needed to talk to Crawford.

What had happened in Evangeline's past was her business, but I knew that her mate could help her, I just took it upon myself to push them together.

Crawford, do you have a minute to talk?

"Yeah, I'm in my office." He answered back through the mind link.

I ran up the stairs. Our castle had many floors. The top floor was for the royal Alpha, Luna and their kids.

The next floor down was for the alpha, before he married or has kids. His office and bedroom were there as well.

The next floor down was reserved for the future Luna. When the alpha found his Luna she would stay there, before they moved in together.

After that there was a floor for the previous Alpha and Luna. Ours didn't live in the castle though.

Crawford mother lived in her own house and his dad, the previous Alpha passed away.

That floor was unused.

The next floor down was for every one of ranking. The beta, me and Gamma, also our families. Although if we wanted we could have our own houses.