Chapter 20

Courtney P.O.V.

"Do you have any idea what could have happened? The risks you took?!" So, here I am, getting yelled at by Lily because she found out exactly what Sirius and I did when I spent the night in his room.

"But nothing happened, so it's fine," I said, rolling my eyes at her.

She glared furiously at me and said, "I don't think you understand the huge chance you took. You could have gotten pregnant."

"But I'm not," I protested, not really seeing the point of this lecture.

"But you could have been. Can you even imagine what that could do to your future, or how Sirius would take it? He might have left you if you had gotten pregnant Cory!"

I just fell back onto my bed, not really listening to her ranting. She had already given me this lecture four times today, I didn't need to listen to it again. Sure, I understood her worry and even felt some myself. But after listening to the same thing ever couple of hours, the effect was starting to wear off.

"Lily, can you just calm down. I won't be doing it again, okay. I was caught up in the moment, but it's all right now. Nothing happened," I snapped, pressing my hands over my face, exhausted. I know she's my best friend, but she can be really annoying sometimes.

She glared at me again before dropping the subject. "Anyways, when are you and James planning on tying the knot?" I asked.

"I don't know exactly. We were thinking sometime in June maybe, but I still don't know."

I rolled my eyes at her. "Lils, you've got to decide on these things, or else you two won't be married as soon as you'd like." Lily bit her lip, and I could see now that she was having doubts. "Don't tell me you're having second thoughts. James is crazy about you, and it would break his heart if you decided you weren't ready."

"I know...it's just...I'm not sure I'm ready for marriage. I keep thinking something's going to go wrong, or You-Know-Who will get one of us before we're actually married. What if my dress doesn't fit me? What if one of the bridesmaids gets sick, so we'll be short, or if James' parents can't come? What if they change their minds about us and think we're not ready? What if James leaves me?"

Lily was really worked up over this. She really was scared about getting married, even though I knew she loved James. "Lils, just take a deep breath okay. Everything will be fine. What makes you think James would leave you? And I know for a fact that James parents were the ones who suggested him proposing on Christmas."

She looked up at me through tear stained lashes, but a smile was present on her face. "I think you've forgotten that we have magic. We can make any dress look amazing on you." I paused for a moment, frowning before speaking again, "Nobody can guarantee something won't go wrong Lils. But it'll all work out in the end, and we'll take things as they come. I'll be there with you every step of the way, as will James. He wouldn't leave you for all the magic in the world."

"Have I ever told you how great a friend you are?" Lily told me, a wide smile gracing her features as she wrapped me tightly in a hug.

"No, I don't believe you have," I said jokingly, returning her embrace before getting up from my dorm bed, "Now, if you don't mind, my prince charming awaits." Lily let out a snort, but refrained from commenting. "Okay, okay, he's not my prince charming. More like my slave."

"That's better," Lily said with a laugh as I began walking down the stares. I grinned and jumped the last few steps down into the common room.

"There you are," Sirius said, giving me an impatient look. "Why is your shirt all wet?" he asked me, poking my soaked shoulder. I looked at it in surprise. I hadn't even noticed Lily was crying on me.