A 'Sirius' Kind of Love (A Sirius Black Love Story)

My name is Courtney Daniels, but please call me Cory. Some things you should know about me: I'm a triplet, my sisters are Amelia and Bethany, though they prefer to be called Amy and Beth. I look nothing like my sisters. They both have long, silvery blonde hair and pretty hazel eyes, while I have reddish brown hair and dark brown eyes. Also, I'm a witch. That's right, you heard me. A witch. This is my story...

Courtney P.O.V.

I was standing in between my two sisters waiting for my name to be called for the sorting. I'll admit I was a little nervous. Okay, you got me. I was freaking out, but I have good reasons. My parents expected all three of us to get into Ravenclaw. My mother had even made us promise to write and tell us how wonderful the Ravenclaw tower was. Everyone in my family, and I mean everyone, has been in Ravenclaw, excluding the Squibs. Yeah, I'm a pureblood, but I don't believe in all the blood status rubbish that some families go on about.

"Hey, don't worry. It'll be fine," Beth said, placing a hand on my shoulder. Ha, easy for her to say. Amy and Beth were guaranteed to get into Ravenclaw, they were just like everyone else I'm related to. They're all goody two shoes and perfect little angles who have probably never even witnesed a detention, unless they were holding it.

I was the oddball of the family. I have a small tendency to get into trouble. Alright, a big tendency. My dad always says I'm like a trouble magnet. It's not my fault, I don't go looking for trouble, it just somehow manages to find me.

"Black, Sirius." I scowled when I heard that boy's name called. I hated his guts for a number of reasons that I really don't want to explain right now. My parents had introduced us at one of his mum's stupid little pureblood balls or whatever they're called.

"GRYFFINDOR!" The whole hall went deadly silent. No Black had ever been sorted into a house other than Slytherin. Well, until now that is. I smirked slightly. Sirius Black was in for a load of trouble. Not only did he manage to not get sorted into Slytherin, but he succeeded in making the rival house.

After Black's sorting, I didn't really pay attention, until my sister's name was called. "Daniels, Amelia." She shot Beth and I a nervous smile before heading up to the stool. Even from here, I could see her trembling from a combination of excitement and nerves.

The hat barely even touched her hair before shouting, "RAVENCLAW!" Beth and I both cheered as Amy walked off the stage, a relieved look on her face.

"Daniels, Bethany." Beth walked calmly up the steps to the old, ricketty stool. She was always more level headed than either Amy or me.

Again, the hat hardly even stayed on her head before announcing she was a Ravenclaw. Both Amy and Beth gave me thumbs up as my name was called.

"Daniels, Courtney." A small amount of whispering broke out around the hall. I expected it though, it still made me uncomfortable. Honestly, I didn't see what was such a big deal over looking different from my sisters.

Professor McGonagall placed the tattered Sorting hat on my head. The brim flopped down over my face, preventing me from seeing the rest of the school. "Well, well, well," I jumped slightly when I heard the soft whisper in my ear. "The last of the triplets. Hmm, interesting, you're nothing like your sisters or any of your family. Hufflepuff won't do, to nice for Slytherin. Tricky, tricky. Smart, yes, yes, Ravenclaw would be a wise choice. But, Gryffindor would be just as excellent." I sat there with baited breath, my hands gripping the sides of the stool so hard that my fingers turned white. "Better be...GRYFFINDOR!" the hat shouted out to the school.

The hat was lifted off my head and I stumbled towards the cheering table. *Mum's gonna kill me* was all I thought the whole way there. I was so absorbed in my thoughts, that I didn't notice who I'd sat next to.