Chapter 4

Courtney P.O.V.

I walked into Charms class and sat down next to Lily, who had been in there for several minutes already. "So, who'd you ask to Sluggie's party?" I asked, throwing my stuff on the ground next to my chair.

Lily glared at me and said, "You should really take better care of your stuff, Cor."

I smirked, I'd played this little game before. "Don't change the subject, missy. Who are you taking?"

She glanced around the room before leaning in to whisper to me. "I decided to say yes to James," Lily muttered, making sure no one was listening in. She clamped a hand over my mouth as I was about to squeal about it. "EEW! CORY!!! Did you just lick my hand?!" Lily shrieked, jerking her hand away from my mouth.

"Yup, sure did...that's what you get for covering my mouth. Anyways, did you already say yes to him?"

"No, I was waiting until we were alone or something."

"Well, how about I let James sit next to you today, and I'll put up with Sirius," I suggested helpfully.

"Really? You'd sit with Sirius through Double Charms for me?"

"No der, Lils," I said rolling my eyes. "Ah, here they come!" I yelled, jumping out of my seat and hurrying to an empty desk. "Good luck!"

"Shut up Cor!"

"Make me," I replied insolently, sticking my tongue out at her. Lily giggled, but immediately stiffled it as James promptly sat down in the seat next to her, grinning from ear to ear.

"Aww, Prooongs! Now you're sitting with a girl?! Traitor..." Sirius muttered. "Actually..uh..nevermind what I just said," he grinned, plopping down in the chair next to me. "Hey, hey, hey Bambs, what's happenin?"

I shook my head exasperated and asked, "Can you tell me what is wrong with you?"

"Blame it on my mother, not me. I'm innocent," Sirius proclaimed, leaning back in his chair, hands behind his head.

"I think she dropped on you head."

"If she did, then it wasn't an accident." I snorted, making Sirius chuckle. "Well, that's attractive."

"Of course it is, Paddy, that's what I live for!" I turned away from Sirius to watch James and Lily closely. James was currently chattering away to Lily who was quite surprised that he wasn't being obnoxious like he usually is. "Say yes already," I mouthed to a very nervous looking red head.

She shook her head vigorously and sank lower in her seat, glancing my way every so often. "For goodness sakes," I muttered and stood up, marching over to where the two sat.

"Oh no, please don't Cory," Lily moaned as I slammed my hands down on the desk infront of them.

"Sorry Lils, but it's for your own good. James," he looked up as I said his name and gave me a questioning look. "Lily would love to go to Slughorn's party with you tonight." Lily buried her face in her hands, trying to hide her blush.

James glanced from me to Lily, unsure of whether I was telling the truth. "Lily," he said softly, "Is that true?" She just nodded, still hiding her face. "YES!!! SHE SAID YES!!!" James shouted, leaping into the air. I started laughing as James began to do some sort of victory dance.

Sirius sauntered over to our little group and asked, "What the...Prongs...what the hell are you doing?"

"I'm dancing!" he shouted, leaping over a desk excitedly. Both Lily and I were now laughing our heads off at James' antics. He stopped dead and turned to face us, a wide grin on his face. "Hear that Padfoot, did ya, did ya, did ya?!" James said childishly, acting like a three year old whose just seen Diagon Alley for the first time. "Huh, Sirius, did ya, did ya, di-"