Chapter 23

And here is the newest addition to A 'Sirius' Kind of Love! Thank you for waiting so long, and if you haven't already checked it out, I have posted a new chapter on The Long Lost Potter. Please enjoy as more of the story unfolds :) Also, I'm sticking with third person for now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Courtney kept her eyes lowered as Sirius approached the chair she was tied to, but calmly changed her appearance back to her normal coloring. If she was going to do this, she was going to do it as herself. Hands fell onto her shoulders, wrenching them backwards and forcing her to look up. She stared defiantly into Sirius' eyes, refusing to give in to the stare.

"It is you," he whispered, eyes full of wonder before they hardened as if he had just remembered something. Which he had. He yanked the sleeve of her left arm up and revealed the hideous tattoo blackening her skin. Courtney glanced at it then looked away. The sight of the tattoo sickened her.

Sirius grabbed her chin and forced her to look at him once more. His eyes flicked between hers while Courtney refused to speak. His face hardened into a glare and he stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him. Courtney didn't know what he had been looking for, but whatever he had found wasn't something he particularly liked.

James glared at her, exactly like Lily used to. "You," he started, hazel eyes ice cold, "have a lot of explaining to do." He turned on his heel and left the room as well. Moody walked back into the room.

Mad-Eye's magical eye wouldn't move from the tattoo on her arm, whereas his normal eye was focused on her. "Welcome to Headquarters. But, you've already been here haven't you?"

Courtney gave him a spiteful look and said, "Yes, fine, whatever. Untie me. My wrists hurt."

The old wizard snorted with contempt, but stumped over anyways and undid the intricate knots formed by the Incarcerous spell. "Potter's right. You've got quite a bit to explain to your 'friends'."

She didn't answer, choosing to focus on her wrists which were rubbed raw from the ropes. Mad-Eye snorted once more and he too left the room. Courtney sighed loudly and slumped back into the chair. The jig was up. No more undercover for her in Order meetings.

Normally, she's show up to the meetings with different disguises. She'd spoken with James and Lily a few times, but made a point of it to avoid Sirius. She never saw Remus, as Dumbledore always had him off on some mission. Peter was always around, but Courtney had never been particularly fond of him.

She walked out of the room, right into the middle of a crowd of Auror members, all of them staring at the black mark on her arm.

"Ah, Miss Daniels. Nice of you to join us," Dumbledore said. His eyes had the twinkle that she so loathed in them.

Sirius whipped around at the mention of her name and immediately began shouting. He always was prone to overacting.

"What the hell is she doing loose! She's a fucking Death Eater!" His steely glare was worse than the words flying from his mouth. Much worse.

Courtney completely blocked what he was saying from her mind and stared at the floor. She didn't look up again, even though she could hear Dumbledore explaining the details. When the room had fallen silent once more, she turned on her heel. Just before exiting the room, she paused and glanced back at Dumbledore.

"If you'll excuse me Albus. My daughter needs attending to."

Sirius had his head in his hands as James paced the floor. He was muttering angrily under his breath and ignoring Lily's futile attempts to calm him down.

"She has a kid," Sirius said tonelessly. He couldn't believe it. Courtney Daniels had a child. With who?

Lily sighed, but rested her own hand on her swollen stomach. Both she and Alice were due any day now.

"You can't possibly still be hung up on her!" James spat. As much as James was loyal to his friends, he never put up with betrayals. And Courtney had made one of the worst.

Sirius remained silent in the face of James' anger.

"She broke your heart, cut off ties with all of us, and now we find out she only did it to spy for Dumbledore! Doesn't that show you what she thinks of you Sirius? She even has a kid that's not yours!"

Sirius' cold mask was thrown up in place and he glared at James. "You have no idea what this is like Potter." And with that, he stormed out.

Courtney let a small smile pass onto her face as she watched Tiana stare curiously as Narcissa's little boy Draco. He was only a few weeks old, but he already had a sprout of silver blonde hair tumbling over his forehead.

Tiana poked at his nose and quickly ducked down behind the bars, as if Draco was not a baby, but a vicious little crup that would snap her finger off in a heartbeat.

Courtney chuckled. "Darling, it's alright. Draco's not going to hurt you. He's only a little baby."

Unfortunately, Courtney's slight poke had roused Draco. His face was screwing up in preparationg to let loose a wail and Courtney swiftly gathered him from his cradle. Draco was a good little baby, much better than Tiana had been. He hardly ever fussed and was seemingly quiet. Courtney suspected that would changed when he was older.

Narcissa poked her head through the door and smiled at the sight of her son. "Cor, Severus has returned. He's in the foyer."

Courtney nodded immediately and placed a now sleeping Draco back in his crib before beckoning Tiana to follow her out. Tiana skipped ahead, black curls bouncing around her aristocratic features. She looked so much like Sirius.

"Uncle Sev!" she squealed, rushing towards him and hugging him around his knees. Courtney chuckled at the sour look on his face. Severus never liked children, but Tiana adored him for some odd reason. Tiana was prattling away about her day to her favorite 'uncle', while Courtney gathered her things from Narcissa.

"Thank you for watching her once again Narcissa," Courtney said politely, flashing a smile before taking Severus' proffered arm.

"Don't forget about the Midsummer's Festival! You can't miss it again Cor. I'm holding you to it this time."

Courtney sighed before waving good bye and letting Severus lead her to the Apparition point in the garden. She gripped Tiana's hand tightly as, for the fourth time that day, they were wisked off into the darkness.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well...that was short. I apologize for such the long wait, but I swear I'm working up to getting back into writing both my main stories. I've got another in the works that's been there for quite some time, and I'm not sure when I'll be posting it, but hopefully it'll be soon.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed my extremely short chapter :)